Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday

   I remember when I took that picture.  It was a beautiful day on our bike ride.  The sun was warm, I had on shorts and a t-shirt.  My skin was tan and I was having a great time.  Now today it is 3 below F, there is snow on the ground.  My skin is pasty white and sickly looking.  I have on long johns, a t-shirt, a flannel shirt and am still cold.  What a difference a couple of months make.  I miss the warmer months.  Winter makes you appreciate the warmth so much more.

   My knee feels much better today.  I sound like cereal in milk.  When I bend my knees, snap crackle and crunch.  Sounds worse then it feels thank goodness.  Maybe I should try the gym.  It might be at the point where exercising it will be good for it.

   I am working on getting my cholesterol down.  I am upset that all the things it says to do diet wise I am already doing and it is still high.  I can only think it must have been so much higher.  I don't use bad oils, rarely eat eggs,  only low fat milk or dairy, I never fry foods, I never eat fast foods, a rarely eat sweets.  My cholesterol should be really low.  At 246 it is up there in the danger zone.  So I got some flax seed to add to my cereal and will start eating some oatmeal for breakfast occasionally and some walnuts occasionally.  Good foods for lowering the cholesterol.  When I start adding in my regular exercise it should show improvement.

    I slept so good last night and had such entertaining dreams I hated to wake up.  Don't you have nights like that where you don't want to interrupt your dream by waking up?  I wonder how it would have turned out.  Maybe because I am a night worker but I love to sleep.  I look forward to it, LOL.  Especially welcome is going to be when it is dark out and waking up in the morning.  So that's how it is suppose to be done!

  Well, guess I'll close now and finish my book before I start on the dishes.  Still early yet, time enought to get chores done.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewwww....3 below??  brrrrr
love the zinnias and butterflies.  i have already been longing for spring and we aren't anywhere close to your temps!  glad the knee is doing ok.
gina

Anonymous said...

The butterflies just love those flowers....don't they?  What a special photograph this is.  Sorry your knee is still crackling away like ricecrispies but isn't it good that it is healing so quickly?  I have porridge every day and I have now begun to eat oatcakes too instead of chocolate biscuits. Sometimes I use the oats in my crumbles too or instead of breadcrumbs on my fish. Every little bit helps in the cholesterol war.  Oats are a good thickener too in minced beef or soups.
As for sleep and dreams?   I have just finished writing a short story this afternoon on dreams or should I say nightmares.  I hope to place it in my journal tomorrow if I thinks its honed enough.  Strange you should mention sleep and dreams...Jeanie

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful picture Julie.  So clear and colorful!  My camera won't take one that close up.
I hope you knee heals well.  I had a knee injury that bugged me for two years.  But, it was a BAD injury.  Just take it easy. Knees can be tricky.  You know that.
As far as weather, I'm with you. I'm ready for Spring. It's not nearly as cold here as you have experienced....but it's cold for ME!  Springtime is nice 'cause I don't have to use my heater. I'm still using the heater at night and it dries the air out.  So yah, I'm ready for springtime!
Glad you slept well....have a good day today.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I struggle with cholesterol also.  I have mine down to the low 200's but then it does want to pop up again.  I've also started eating oatmeal last week.  I love it and did read that it's great for cholesterol plus it fills me up.  I was looking at the instant stuff for work but the sodium was way too high in the flavored ones.  Damn, it's hell to have HBP and all the other stuff.  Hope your knee feels better.  Chris  (Boy, do I love that picture of the flower....can't wait until spring gets here.)

Anonymous said...

I miss seeing butterflies and flowers in the winter, thanks for posting this great pic! I used to work nights and when I had the weekend off I just couldn't sleep! Glad your knee is OK, I think it's best to ask the doctor if it's all right to go to the gym with it. Jeanette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm curious what 3 below F feels like, and I'm wondering if you're cussing there.  
LOVE the butterflies and flowers...I now long for Spring.    Glad the knee is feeling better!  
~Meg

Anonymous said...

we are to get bone chilling cold again this week and more snow ugh......i hate the snow

Deb

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, crepitus.  Snap, crackle, pop.   I hear it every day.....lol!

Anonymous said...

OMG Julie, I'm splitting a gut over here with the snap, crackle, and crunch!!! I just read it out loud to Marv and we both cracked up from indentifying with you :)
It was so nice to see the butterfly because we got 12 inches of snow here last night and it reminds me that warmth awaits us once again.
I'm proud of you for working on your Cholesterol...a lot of people's are high, but they sweep it under the rug and don't work on it until it's SUPER HIGH. GOOD FOR YOU for getting to it now!
I love to dream.....especially if it involves McDreamy :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

I think my cholesterol was 214 when I had it checked in August.  I could hardly believe it.  It has always been under 200.  Doesn't getting old suck.  **sigh**  De ;)