Thursday, January 25, 2007

Grounded.....Screechhhhhhhhh

  I have been on the power program for 2 whole days and have been grounded from exercise or even walking more then 2 hours a day for at least a week.  This is going well.  They don't think I tore anything but my knee is very swollen and painful.  So much for the gym.  So now I sport a nice brace, motrin 800 mgs and I see them in a week.  Since it is work comp they can't take you off work.  He put me on a restriction no standing longer then 1 to 2 hours in 8.  So we shall see if they still want me to work on Saturday.  Hopefully it will be better by then.  Usually my first 5 hours at work I am pretty busy and running around.  How can I assess all my patients, pass their meds and do their walks and treatments in just 1 to 2 hours?

  Anyway, that is my update.  Went to my MIL and got her meds set up.  She called the pharmacy and complained they hadn't used her insurance.  They gave her back 160 so it is a little better.

   So thats all folks.  I am behind on alerts because of work.  Sorry.  I have been reading them just not commenting much.  I will be off this week and much better.  Promise.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Julie that this has happened. Just rest the knee till it gets better, I know it's easir said than done but keeping off it is the only way it'll heal! Journals are really slow to load tonight, it took me six attempts to get on here! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I don't think they will allow you to work Sat. since workmans comp is the one having you to not use that knee. Hope it soon gets better so you can get back to your exercising and normal routine. Good for your MIL getting some of her money back. You would think the pharmacy would know better than to do that.  Helen

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is what you get for exercising huh?  I hope it's nothing too serious and will clear up quickly.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Praying that its not going to take long for your knee to heal Julie, and that you don't have to work on Saturday!  It will heal quicker with rest.  Glad your MIL is ' On The Ball ' she saved herself a lot of money there. Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Can't they put you on modified duty for awhile until the knee is better?  I think it's weird that they can't take you off work?  Rules change all the time I guess.
Good luck and I hope it heals well.
Pam

Anonymous said...

ok i have you back on alerts dumb aol grrrr hope the knee feels better soon

Deb