Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sundays over

      I decided I liked the flower so much I would add another I took from this spring.   This was shortly after a rain and I liked the way it turned out.

   Well I thought I had my MIL all straightened out yesterday so when she called me at 1 to tell me what her blood pressure was I was pleased.  I told her to take her pressure 1 hour after her med and call me so I could make sure it wasn't getting too low since these are new meds for her.  The blood pressure was 124/68 and I told her that was great.  How long had it been since she took her pill I asked?  What pills?  WHAT?  Your noon pills Betty, the ones in the pink part of the container.  Sigh, she hadn't taken them.  I am really starting to get concerned.  She normally is not this forgetful.  Now I am thinking about one of those pill containers on a timer that only opens when it is time and I think it makes a noise to remind you.  It never occurred to me she wouldn't be able to handle taking these meds. 

   I asked her about moving in here and she said absolutely not.  She was fine where she is.  Is she?

   Otherwise not much going on here.  I have been watching You tube all morning.  I love Jazz and they have some great jazz giants on there.  I also like Weird Al and he has all his video's on it.  I had better get my knee fixed soon as all this sitting around isn't doing my diet well at all.

   Well, time for bed.  Hope I sleep as good as I did yesterday.  Night all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We would all answer as she did...wouldn't we?  Bless  her!  I hope she stays safe Julie.  I have already said a wee prayer for her safety.  
Your flower picture is quite spectacular.  Lovely glossy skin of the succulent and the surfinia is another big WoW!  Thank you for sharing this bright picture on what's a dreary overcast day her in the lakes.  Jeanie

Anonymous said...

It is a scary thought that she doesn't know or remember when to take her meds.  My Mother is that way, and it really concerns me.  She takes a whole page full of prescriptions several times a day.  I wish that I could be there to monitor her consumption, but I can't.  What is worse, if I were to check in with her by phone it would just confuse matters and she would get totally messed up.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I'd be concerned over your MIL, can't someone speak to her doctor and see if she can be helped with the meds? Let's pray she'll be OK, her B/P is fine now so that's a blessing. I love the flowers you're posting. Have a good week! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Sundays over..you know what that means aye? It's bloody Monday...groan....
Love your flowers..glad MIL's BP is lower...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I know you are concerned about you MIL. She could very well overdose as not take her meds in the condition her mind is getting. Wish there was someone who could help you out concering her taking them when she should. Helen

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers....
Maybe ask MIL to come TEMPORARILY until she gets "on a good schedule" and then you can evaluate better...if she thinks it's temporary, she may be easier to get over there, and it does sound as if she needs a little help.
~Meg