Thursday, January 4, 2007

Gee, I guess I feel better?

                                        I am 52% loser. What about you? Click here to find out!

52% are cooler, and
48% are more of a loser than you.

What does this mean?

With this score, you are a normal individual

So I should feel good about this yes?  I mean at my age to be closer to the cool bar is a good thing, right?  Yah right, I be so cool.  Except when the hot flashes hit.  Then I am sizzling hot.

 Anyway tonight I go back to work.  My week off is over.  Very uneventful also.  The only thing I did was get the tree down and get some bra's.  4 bras for the price of 2.  What is it about a new well fitting bra that makes you feel like you can conquer the world.  Maybe we should send some of our leaders some well fitting bra's.  Maybe they could cure what ails us if everything was upright and perky.  Ya think.  In assorted colors for every mood. LOL.  Blue for my new navy look at work.

Tonight I go dressed in all Navy and White.  How professional is that :-(  How dull.  I went to the uniform shop and walked past all the pretty bright sure to make you feel better colorful printed tops, to the back of the store where they keep the dark dull colors like pea green and navy.  There I picked out my new dull navy lab coat and dull navy pants.  I did compromise and get a really bright colorful beaded name badge holder.  Wonder if they will ban them also.  I realize the uniform does not make the nurse but.....how many times have my patients said, my nurse is the one with the hearts all over her coat, or tulips.  Now it will be my nurse is the one in navy.  Because how good are you about remembering names when your drugged up and sick.  I am terrible at it.  Sigh.

  Now on with the diet talk.  Yes I am still, or better stated, back at it.  I have decided to think of it as just 10 pounds.  10 pounds at a time.  I can do 10 pounds in my sleep.  So here is to the next 10 pounds.  After that another 10 pounds and another until I am back in shape for the next bike trip.  I am back to keeping track of my food at slimfast.com.  Got in 1475 calories yesterday and went shopping for the best food.  I read my food chart for last year and will follow the menus I listed when I was losing well.  I am even giving up my beloved beer for awhile.  In the winter I love a good porter or stout, very high in calories.  Back to my oolong tea which I also love.  Back to 8 glasses of water and running to the washroom every 10 minutes.  Back to getting on track.  Linda inspires me.  So heres to the next 10 pounds.

 

           

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My score was the same as yours. LOL wonder if everyone's is the same. If everone's colors are the same then the patients will be saying "My nurse is the one in navy blue". Hope you can keep up your diet and exercise. You sure want to be able to ride that bike again in a couple of months. Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm there with ya sister!!   Here's to the next 10 lbs.  I'm already back to where I was before I went off the wagon!!   I love it when the pounds fly off like that.  It's only water weight...but it still feels great!

Keep on going!!!   We are strong and determined!!!

Niki

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, yes, I have been to the bathroom at lest 10 times today already.  That damn water.....I don't understand why it is so important to drink it when it just comes out anyway!!!!! (lol)  BUT...we do what we have to do!

((hugs))
jeanne

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I lost 30 pounds and felt pretty good, my sugars even went down to pretty decent numbers but I moved mom down with me and gained it all back.
Move over, can I join the club, I really need to shed a ton. At my size I couldn't work back in hospital, they'd be picking me up off the floor.
How about a Jland Weight club?
:))) Doreen

Anonymous said...

Ohhh ps...cheer up the blue uniform with a sparkly gold guardian angel pin.
That way you have someone to keep you company at work :)))))))
Doreen

Anonymous said...

LOL....it's always nice when those "puppies" are under control and looking perky.  I'm going to have to try that test  I think you are tackling your wieght loss in a way that will work for you.  It's far too overwhelming when you take huge steps.  I've hit so many stop smoking sites my head is spinning.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Your doing an awwsome job...sounds like you are right on track.  The uniform sounds okay...show a photo sometime...I am trying to invision what it looks like...
Have a wonderful weekend...wish your week off lasted another week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

You're doing Great Julie, I think your plan sounds perfect. It's too bad that you have to go to uniforms that don't make you feel cheery, but I think it will sparkle the minute it has you in it :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~