Friday, January 5, 2007

Take the quiz

                  

Subject: Charles Schultz Philosophy


The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz,
the creator of the "Peanuts" comic strip. .

1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.

2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.

3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America.

4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.

5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winner
for best actor and actress.

6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.


How did you do?



The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the
applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.



Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:



1. List a few teachers who aided your journey
through school.

2. Name three friends who have helped you
through a difficult time.

3. Name five people who have taught you
something worthwhile.

4. Think of a few people who have made you feel
appreciated and
special.

5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time
with.


Easier?


The lesson: The people who make a difference in
your life are not the
ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the
most awards. They are the ones that care.

_________________________________________________________

  Well, I thought it was a neat quiz.

Work last night, well lets just say the nurses all earned their money last night.  I had to be charge the entire 12 hours which I don't care for.  I like having just my group of patients to be responsible and that's that.  But its over and the rest of the weekend should be good.

   Weighed in this morning down all of .6 oz , sheesh.  Don't you just hate digital scales.  With a regular scale it probably would have been an entire pound. By tomorrow it should show the whole pound.  Its coming off slow.  Yesterday I had all of 980 calories.  Now I realize going down that low isn't good and I don't usually don't it, it was just the way it worked out.  Today should be better.    I think it is really important to vary your calorie amount from between 1200 to 1700.  That supposedly tricks your body into not storing your fat for a rainy day.  It worked for me last year.

   Not much in the news to get me outraged yet today but its early.  I haven't read all my on line newspapers yet.  Decided to try meditating and coffee and reading my alerts first.  I feel nice and relaxed but I think my raves are a lot more fun to write about then my slow weight loss.  So on that note, I will leave and read all the news that is unfit to print. 

   Now with global news all you have to do is pick a couple of on line newspapers to read, the news in the same in all of them. Who writes these stories these day, a computer?  It is verbatim in every paper.  The only thing different is some opinion columns and the want ads.  What happened to all the investigative reporters?  Are they all doing blogs and keeping all the good original stuff for their blogs so they get readers?  It sure isn't hitting the paper any more.  You can read the same story from coast to coast, not a letter different.  Sigh.  I really miss the good old days sometimes.  I go kicking and screaming into the 21st century.....Wait....It doesn't promise to be betttttteeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr......

                                 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the quizzes!  Of course, I failed the first one miserably but sort of caught onto the point when I saw the questions on the second one.  Glad you are off this weekend.  You really get worked to death.  I haven't read the news since I've been back to work.  I do have it on in the background in the morning before I leave.  Have a good evening!  Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie...your quiz is excellent. I concur with those sentiments its just a real pity so too others share our philosophy. ( hark at me) lol . Miss Duncan ( Mrs Savage  when she got married )STILL holds a special place in my memories from school.

Billy xxxx

Anonymous said...

I really like that quiz.    Makes me remember what really is important.    Surely by now you've found something to be outraged by.    heh
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I"m amazed how horribly I failed the quiz and how much I had to look up just to be sure I might be right. Good quiz!
I agree about the news, same thing over and over and over and over, they kill a subject and I get tired of changing channels to the same stuff.
And it's amazing how much they play up small things when the most important things should be how long the earth is going to put up with the damage we are doing to it.
xox Doreen ...Have a super day out there today!

Anonymous said...

What a great quiz and perfect philosophy to live our lives by.....keeping perspective on what really matters. Thanks for sharing it! I love the darling Yorkie graphic. :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

That quiz is so right.  I've had patients who will recall which nurse took care of them last time they were admitted.  That amazes me.
Playing catch up here with you.
Pam