Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Is it Wednesday already?

                    

       Most everyone is thinking, yes....it's Wednesday, soon the weekend will be here.  I am thinking, no.....it's Wednesday, tomorrow I start work for the next 4 days, 12 hours a day.

   Heard that most people go outside 10 minutes a day which is why so many are obese now.  That does not surprise me.  When I was a child I wanted to play, I opened the door and went out to play.  Now they have to make sure they have enough sunscreen, protective elbow and knee pads, helmets, someone to supervise them so no boogie men will steal them, expensive toys to play with and the correct shoes.  Bike shoes, hiking shoes, tennis shoes, skateboard shoes, beach shoes, mall shoes.......  I had one pair of shoes.  Saddle shoes!  You get exhausted thinking of all you'll need before you leave your house.

   Now I am a bicycle rider.  I know a woman who wouldn't go riding with us because she didn't have the right equipment.  No helmet, no bike shorts or shirt.  No clip on shoes.  Should she bring her road bike or her dirt bike, hybrid or comfort.  What...... GET A BIKE.  HOP ON....RIDE.  Bring water, your set. 

   So I think the study is messed up anyway.  Maybe in a big city like NY people stay in doors most of the time.  I mean it would look strange probably just hanging around on  a busy sidewalk.  People would think you are up to something or selling something.

   So I ramble again, sorry.  Not much else to talk about.  I was suppose to win the lottery and tell you all how excited I was and no....it wasn't going to change me but some folks older then me beat me too it.  Gee, I had it all spent and not on gambling and booze either like the last big winner.  How could you go through that much money in 4 short years!  What's up with that?  We have a name for that in Iowa......Stupid!

    Still working on eating right.  Supper last night was ground turkey burgers on all wheat buns, sweet potato fries baked not fried and veggies.  Yummy.  Blew it later though and had 2 cookies.  Sigh.  Today I am emptying out my booth, shopping for my week of work groceries and doing some housework.  I can write my name in the dust so it is time.

    Well, I have read a couple of great scary stories so far.  Thanks Jeanie and Greg.  Anyone else?  Let me know.  I am off now to hop into the shower.  Bye all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be nice to win the Lottery and stop work?
I have stopped work now and retire officially in May.  Now my days are long and filled with what I want to do.  I don't do the lottery...I did it once and then forgot to buy some tickets one week and afterwards... I just didn't bother again.  I thought I would make the winners list shorter and make way for others.....Lol!  Jeanie

Anonymous said...

I would love to win the lottery. I guess I need to play it to have a chance, huh?  I always forget to get a ticket.  
Have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Yeah, those old people beat me to the jackpot, too.   The nerve.
I just have to know why you think you "blew it" with 2 cookies??!!    You did not.   The whole pack, yeah, you blew it.   TWO ??   Nah.     You have to find a way you can live with, and if you are like me, I can't live without ever having cookies again.    
Loving the flowers, btw.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

have a good evening and stay warm

Deb

Anonymous said...

If I ever win the lottery I'll send you all postcards from exotic places! Yeah, I agree, people are so prepossessed with having the right stuff for their pursuits. Back in the old days we didn't worry about bike shorts and the proper shoes, we never even knew there was proper stuff to buy for it! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I remember we weren't allowed to play in anybody's house when I was a kid.  We were sent outside in the morning and only came home to eat.  I can believe that people don't spend much time outdoors but I think the figures are off.  When it's nice outside, people are always mulling around enjoying the weather at lunch.  Exercising, probably not, though.  Chris

Anonymous said...

My weight gain is now up to 30 lbs in two years. I cant stand it anymore. Just to walk to the store feels painful. I am going to start walking tomorrow. I feel like a balloon blew up inside of me,lol. ~Raven