Sunday, January 21, 2007

Car Accident not the best way to end a busy night

   I was so tired and really looking forward to getting home and going to bed.  Rick picked me up as we have had about 5 " of snow so far and we stopped for gas on the way home.  Driving around the building imagine our surprise when the man who was plowing the parking lot came tearing around the side of the building right in front of us.  We both slammed on our brakes but there was no stopping.  We hit the blade which promptly popped my fender off.   Sigh, I am way to tired for this crap.  Add on the fact they are now saying our predicted 2" is likely to be 10" or more and my spirits are in the dumps.  Fortunately the damage wasn't terrible, just a dented and broke bumper on a old and tired minivan.

   Time for a pain pill and bed.  I tore some adhesions lifting a patient last night and my gut is killing me and bruised all over.  Some days work is just that, work.  I go to work feeling like 35 and crawl out feeling like 80. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!  I am so glad you are ok... could have been so much worse.
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

You take care...get some well deserved rest.  Hope today is a better day,
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

(((((Julie)))))   This too shall pass!   Think spring, bike rides, flowers, greenery, and lots and lots of picture taking.....   There!  don't you feel better?    I knew you would.   (glad the accident wasn't serious, though disheartening, I know.)
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. Helen

Anonymous said...

Glad you weren't hurt in the accident.  Sorry about the car.
Get some well deserved rest today.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh nooo!!  Sorry you had that accident!  I'm glad you are okay.  Go to bed and get some sleep!!!  Julie :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!  Even if the van was tired and old...its still such an inconvenience to have it wrecked!  I don't know how you drive in the snow...
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, torn adhesion and a whacko snow plow driver.  Glad your car wasn't damaged too badly.  Hope you have a safe one tonight.  Chris

Anonymous said...

oh my....what a day!  hope you rest well, and tomorrow is brighter.  {{{{julie}}}}
gina

Anonymous said...

You did have a rough day.  At least you weren't hurt in the accident...of course you took care of that at work.  I hope tomorrow is better.

Greg

Anonymous said...

That must have hurt Julie!  Take it easy if you can..easier said than done...I know.  I'm sorry to hear about your car accident too...it seems it never rains some days but it pours.  We are forecast snow soon in the English Lakes.  I hope it wont be as dep as is on the photos I posted on my blog today when it snowed around this time last year.  Sounds like your in for the same.  Stay safe...Jeanie