Sunday, January 14, 2007

No Ta Da

   Today was suppose to be my Ta Da, more weight loss post.  Sigh.  Instead it is my no weight gain post.  I'll take that.  I am still down 4, 6 to go to get to my first 10 pound goal.  Tomorrow we are both hitting the gym before 9.  We have recommitted after we both sat and talked about how our hard earned muscles are rapidly dissappearing and if we don't start now our bike rides are going to be really miserable this spring.  And you know who much we like our bike rides, LOL.

   Last night for supper we had one of those meals you could never get in a restaurant, or if you could it would be way overpriced.  We used Newmans own Pesto and tomato sauce and doctored it some with fresh mushrooms, garlic and lean hamburger and sausage.  I added a can of diced tomatoes which also had pesto and garlic.  Serve over whole wheat noodles and my husband made a great garlic bread.  We spray the bread with Parkey spray, no calories and then add the garlic spread and grated parmesian cheese.  Top off with a nice Zinfindel and a great dark green salad and you have a meal fit for us.  Yummy.  I love the flavor of pesto. 

   Breakfast this morning was my slim fast and an all grain english muffin with organic ruhbarb and strawberry sugar free all natural spread, only 35 calories and so yummy.  See, you can eat low fat, low sugar and still have it taste like heaven.  Just make sure you watch your portions.

    Like I mentioned before I never have that full feeling so I have to make sure and measure my portions and not get seconds.  If it tastes good it doesn't matter how much you get, just that you get some right!

  No idea yet what is for supper.  I have been doing pretty good on plan.  Now if it had been up to me last night I would have left the hamburger and sausage out of the sauce.  Alone it was only 80 calories.  Or used ground turkey.  Hard to get the cook to change his habits though.  He does make it as lean as possible and drains all the grease but still, I have to keep working on him.

  Well, how much more boring can I make this post, LOL.  Talking about food.  What else from someone trying to lose weight, It is on my mind.  How to eat healthy, how to cut down, how to make this taste good but still be in my calorie zone.  People trying to lose know what I mean.  You think more about food now then you ever did before.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are really into knowing enough about what to eat, how much and all. I am going on Weight Watchers with my fDIL. I am learning all about the point system and so far it's not going too badly. I even figured in a way to get a treat so today I am picking up a box of Skinny Cow over at Costco's...2 points!
I am 7 down towards my 10 Julie so good luck at your end too!
:))) Happy Sunday from Doreen

Anonymous said...

Your supper sounds great from last night. Just leave out the mushrooms and sausage for me please LOL. Helen

Anonymous said...

LOL at the dieter talking about food.  I guess it's not even a diet but more of a healthy eating plan.  Everything you make sound so yummy.  I compare that to the cigarette smoking and always thinking of it...grrr  Chris

Anonymous said...

WOW your dinner sounds absolutely like heaven.  I'd have paid big bucks for a dinner out like that!  LOL!  
Pam

Anonymous said...

I've felt full most of my adult life.   Ain't all it's cracked up to be.   You know the slower that weight comes off the better it will stay off!  You're doing great!!!   So Ta Daaaaa!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Dang, that Pasta sounds GOOOOD! I love pasta but if I cook it, even the rats would pass it up. I make OK spaghetti but that is the lottery. THe last time I made it, the noodles melted in your mouth. I over cooked them but I get tired of testing the noodles, and spurts of hot water pop on me to get the darn noodle out and then I am blowing like a mad woman, just to be able to see if its ready....do, I sound like I got issues,lol..~Raven