Saturday, January 20, 2007

Saturday here at the park

                       

  At least it will be park like when the snow starts falling again tonight.  Darn white stuff.

   I was running past the desk last night and one of the nurses asked me, what do you think about China blowing up one of our satellites?  Screech................  What!  She said it happened last week and she heard it on the news.  Well... I listen to the news, and read the news all day long and I hadn't heard anything about THAT.  Got home and checked out all the papers and news on line and nothing, nada, Zero.  She is usually pretty well informed so where did she hear this and did anyone else hear anything about this?  I know last year someone tried to blow one up and failed, was she hearing an old newscast?  Enlighten me oh wise and wonderful J-landers.

   Work was busy last night and our computers were down for 2 hours.  You really get so you depend on the darn things.  So there we all sat like smurfs feeling slightly stressed since we couldn't do our charting.  Should have had a potluck.  We could have ate at least, LOL.   No no more potlucks.

    Jumped on the scale and it looks like I will just have a maintain again this week.  What!  I have been good and careful and on plan.  Sigh.  I just watched while the girls at work ate huge candy bars.  Politely declined a slice of pizza.  I haven't even had beer!  My beloved beer.  I am doing everything right except exercising, that is my missing link.  Monday I have to go to my power assessment and I will do some exercising there, steps, sit-ups, treadmill and weight lifting.  Tuesday I am going to the gym.  Alone or with Rick either way I am going to the gym again. Working out and exercising is wonderful, for one thing a slip is more forgiving if you are doing a great workout for 2 hours.  Isn't that just like me, sigh.  Thinking of working out so I can eat more.  I'm hopeless.

   OK another question.  We are going to be connecting to cable soon.  If I drop AOL how does it work getting the free AOL?  Will I have my journal still?  I know some have switched, did it go smoothly.  It will be great to finally watch the video's everyone talks about.

   Well, that's all my rambling.  Got to pop into the shower.  Take care all.

                    

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie the following address is of a website explaining about the Chinese firing the misile.
Keep up the good work with the diet...sometimes we all have weeks like that where no weight goes.
Good Luck...Jeanie

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/19/world/asia/19china.html?_r=1&hp&ex=1169269200&en=903f2bdd9a53bb77&ei=5094&partner=homepage&oref=slogin

Anonymous said...

Julie, I hadn't heard about that either. I don't watch the news much, it's to depressing. Stay warm in that winter stuff. We are supose to get some tomorrow.
God Bless,
Liz in Va.
http://journals.aol.com/bethjunebug/Bethjunebug

Anonymous said...

Don't lose heart Julie, you'll sometimes have weeks when you're really good and lose nothing! I still pay for AOL but I know you can keep your journal if you go free, you just don't get tech support! The Chinese blew up one of their own old weather satellites not a US one! Here's a link to it   Chinese Missile Blows Up Own Satellite, Tensions Rise  Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of the missle...but your previous commenters seem to be more informed than I am.
As far as AOL, I changed to free service a couple of months ago and nothing changed on my account except that they quit charging me $$ each month.  
I never call tech support anyway, so it wasn't an issue for me.
Good luck on the dieting. Exercise is the key for me, too.
Have a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work Julie and the weight WILL starting coming off. I'm so proud of your strong will and determination to pass up pizza & beer......THAT takes will power my friend! Good for you!!!!! I have no doubts that you will meet your goals....2007 is our year :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

exercise....my missing link, too.
gina

Anonymous said...

The journals will still be accessed with the free AOL.  That is how I'm using it.  When I switched from AOL to Road Runner, there was fundamentally no change in my browsing experience.  Even my hometown was unaffected.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

All you need to do is call AOL, if you can find a darned number, and let them know you want to go free.  They won't bill you anymore.  Nothing will change at all except when you hook up to cable you'll be wishing you did it years ago.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Exercise??!!   Really, you shouldn't talk so ugly in your journal!!!    I may have to stop visiting if you keep this up!!
I've been thinking about going free (I've always had Comcast as my ISP).   Seems that everyone who has, hasn't had any problems, and I'm tired of paying 'em.   I guess I'm crazy to pay Comcast and AOL.   Oh wait, Ole Boy pays Comcast.  lol
~Meg