Saturday, January 13, 2007

A giggle a day

                     

   OK, I woke up this morning, sleepy and foggy brained, poured some coffee and sat at the computer to read my alerts.  Within minutes I was laughing so hard I almost spit coffee on my screen.  I would like to thank Donna for this entry, http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/entries/2007/01/11/-blah-/1644 

and Guido for this entry

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/entries/2007/01/13/last-year-on-the-computer/3570

   That is what makes these journals fun to read and sad at times.  Angry also.  Not at the journals owners, but at the injustices brought to light.  I have decided people all over the world are basically decent, well most of them, but the people in power all have to go.  Those of us who just want to be decent human beings, raise our families and enjoy our own small piece of the pie can stay.  The rest.....find your own planet and leave us alone.

  Day 2 of feeling great.  It is freezing here in Iowa.  Oh it has been colder in past years but I am not used to this yet.  I gain 10 pounds just dressing in enough layers to stay warm.  Looked out the window and that dreaded white stuff is back.  So much for... its too cold to snow. Sitting here listening to someone talk about global warming and wishing for some of that warming right here.  Wondering, isn't that the same man who was talking about the new ice age coming in the 60's?  I think so.  Which is it people?  Could it be nature?  A natural occurrence?  Is labeling it a human characteristic that has to control and understand every single thing in their lifes?  Sometimes things are just because they are, pure and simple.  I am sure God knew what he was doing when he created it and who am I to question his judgment this early freezing morning in Iowa.

  Well, my husband must want me to clean house.  Have I mentioned I procrastinate on my housekeeping?  It basically looks pretty good most of the time, but does get cluttered, that is his fault honest.  So once or twice every couple of weeks he invites his Mom to eat.  Which has the effect of causing me to go on a B & M cleaning frenzy.  That is B----ing & Moaning in case you wondered.  Complaining loudly and often about what a rat pack he is and why is it MY job to do all the cleaning while he sits on his butt.  Crabbing about people who let things spatter on the stove and microwave without cleaning it up right away while it is easy to clean.  Moving in a rage to the bathroom and starting in about people who don't wash out the sink or spray down the shower after they brush their teeth or take a shower.  Mutter mutter, witch witch.  Rick retreats to a small corner of the room and busies himself with straightening the magazine or alphabetically rearranging our video's.  Headphones on so he can tune me out.  Thinking to himself that he didn't think the house looked bad at all and wishing he had never mentioned the dinner until he went to pick her up.  But....it is in all honesty its a good thing.  And truthfully Rick does alot of the housework, all the shopping, most of the cooking, yardwork, heavy carrying and fixes anything that breaks.  Washes my hair when I can't because I have had surgery number..... Gee I lost count.  Fixes my favorite food when I am sick.  And risks my rath by inviting his Mom so she can get out and about at 85.  A good man.

   Wonderful news today for a couple of families in Missouri.  2 children returned home and another monster behind bars.  Prayers all over the country were answered.

  Well, I guess I had better close.  Did I mention I have some cleaning to do? 

  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my journal Julie...yes..most of the plants are grown by myself.   I love my garden! There are Lake District webcam sites listed down the left of my page if you ever felt like having a browse around the English Lake District.
The Westmorland Gazette site is the best one to browse.

Thanks for lifting me up with your humour.  I needed a good laugh! I will call again....bye!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the cleaning and have a good cup of coffee along the way! It's so warm here I am cleaning my car out and enjoying the view of my younger son's new vehicle in the driveway <wonder if he would notice it missing for an hour> haha!
Today is "do as you want day". or soooooo I'de like to think anyways!
Hugs from SC
Door

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie!  I see the Tournament medal there!  Congrats again!  Hey, I linked mine up to Kellen's Tournament site to give him some advertisement.  If you want to do that and need some help just send me an email.  Have a good weekend, hon!  Hugs, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Hahaha....love this entry!  I procrastinate constantly about cleaning.  Like you, it's clutter and I swear most of it comes from my son who thinks the family room is one huge hamper.  I'm laughing because my only motivation to actually get my keister in gear is the total fear of someone walking through the door.  Then I do the B&M super cleaning.

I did see Donna's entry about the surprise birthday party for the doggies.  I was howling.  I just read Guido's this morning.  Have a good weekend.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Hope you got all of your cleaning done. Rick does sound like a good man.  Hang onto him!  A good man is impossible to find nowadays.  Believe me!
Enjoy  dinner tonight and stay warm.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I'm really blessed in the housekeeping dept because Ole Boy does more of it than I do....  I can deal with that!     Did you get your B and M housecleaning done?   (There for a minute I thought you were talking laxatives.)
~Meg

Anonymous said...

...and you're complaining about Rick after he does all that for you!!    Dang, girl!!  Obviously,  you're onto his little trick to get you to clean...inviting his mom...maybe he's just tired of doing it himself!  I know you work, and really, he is an angel for doing what he does.  As are you, nursing is a demanding job!  Take care...
xoxo ~myra

Anonymous said...

OK, I went and read both of those entries, hysterical.....the cleaning epidemic you wrote about was also funny....I can only tell you what I do....I dont...so my house is always an overdo insurance policy for all the walker-throughs..~Raven