Saturday, January 27, 2007

Happy Saturday

   And a cold and snowy day it is.   My knee feels better.  Still feels like I have glass under the kneecap and if I move wrong it wants to quit on me but the swelling is down and it doesn't hurt all the time.  Yah.

   Going to my MIL pretty soon. I brought her some soup and just found out she hasn't been able to eat any of it because she can't get the lid off.  Never thought of that.  I also want to set her meds up to make sure she takes them right.  Yesterday she said she had to take so many pills it upset her stomach and she couldn't eat all day, of course she couldn't get to the soup I made her, LOL.

   She is feeling better otherwise as she has called everyone she knows to tell them her trials and woes.  She thrives on sympathy.  I have a tendanacy not to give her the sympathy she wants because she would be happy sitting there not doing anything all day.  I can't..... my arhritis is killing me, its cold outside, the pot is heavy, its too far, I'm having a stroke or west nile virus, I don't know how or where or why....I'm a poor widow lady....I could never do that.....what did you say?  when did you say?  Why did you say?   I can't I can't I can't.......  She will I can't herself into an early grave if I don't keep on her.  Now don't get me wrong.  There are alot of things she can't do because of her age.  I am happy to do those.  But she will never try anything new because she knows she can't do it.  New recipe, I can't, give up salt....I can't.....watch her cholesterol.....I can't.   Use the remote....I can't.  Move to an apartment which would be easier on her.....I can't.  She has been this way for the 33 years I have known her. 
Convincing her she can do things is my mission in life.  Live to be 100, she can if I have anything to say about it, LOL.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow she is so lucky to have you Julie. Most would have given up.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I think we all have relatives that are like that in one way or another.

Greg

Anonymous said...

If you're begging for sympathy, I have trouble giving it too.....lol......oh well.

Anonymous said...

Dealing with older people needs far more patience than dealing with kids! I think I may have floundered by now if I was you! I'm glad your knee feels better. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels  

Anonymous said...

She is blessed to have such a 'special' and good natured daughter-in-law.  She hit the jackpot with you Julie.....will you come and look after me if I ever get frail..?
Your Da Best!   Jeanie  xx

Anonymous said...

Awww Julie....  you are one wonderful lady!   (and you have a great way with telling a witty story!!)
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Julie, you just make me laugh.  How in the world you stay sane is beyond me.  I don't have to deal with that yet because I only have my mother.  She is still real sharp about stuff.  Chris