Monday, January 22, 2007

Thanks everyone

   Thank you all for all your help.  I am now on the cable net typing happily away in my journal.  I am so techno dumb it panics me to think I may lose my addictive to me journal, and all my favorites.  Still can't find my favorites on this new site, may be a good thing as I have way to many saved, but otherwise it is great.  I can't wait to look at everyones video's now.  I have never heard Stevie sing, never saw any video over 2 minutes because I couldn't stand to wait the 40 minutes it takes to download.  So thanks all.  Send me some fun links.

   Today is my babies birthday.  He is 30!  The rat.  How can he be that old when I don't look a day over 35?  I may feel like I am 90, and by the way I am soooooo sore today either from work or the accident, but I don't want to be reminded I am old enough TO HAVE A 30 YEAR BABY!  Yikes.

   I am getting ready for my first power assessment.  Today I get to go to a complete stranger, get weighed, have my fat measured and have some probably trim slim young man tell me how fat I am, how much I have to lose,and how bad of shape I am in.  I bet he doesn't have a 30 year old baby and didn't just have a car accident either.  I remember when I had to take my first treadmill they had me run on the treadmill and the doctor weighed probably 145 pounds soaking wet and was a marathon runner.  NO FAIR.  They should have a fat sympathetic doctor doing it to make you feel better.

  I don't have all my 5 goals completely solid yet, but got some great ideas from everyone.  I am going to have one of them be riding my bike all spring and summer.  That I can do.  I miss my bike.  Also I get to find out what my fasting blood sugar was today.  I am really wondering about that.  I hope it was under 120.

   Back to my aches and pains.  I feel like I have been hit by a truck today.  Not sure if it is from the accident or just lifting at work.  I have some herniated discs in my neck and between my shoulder blades and that is where the pain is all concentrated today.  Sure hope it settles down.  Time to get the biofreeze out.   I hope they haven't ruptured.  The last time that happened I lost the use of my left arm for weeks and it is still numb years later.  Makes it great if I need shots, just let them use that arm for lab sticks and shots.  Does take some getting use to typing and such when you can't feel your hand well.  I think I do pretty good but it took me awhile to get the strength back in it.  So much fun getting older but the alternative isn't attractive either, LOL.

  Well I have to pop in the shower and get ready.  Seriously I am excited about this.  I always did better when I had incentive like money.  No work tonight so after that I am going to make a nice meal for my Baby boy and relax.  Work was brutal last night, our floor was almost full and it was just one thing after another.  2 more nights to go and then I can relax.  Except I have to work an extra manditory shift on Saturday.  BOO

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our hospital is FULL too!  Full to the brim and more coming. They've got an overflow area now full with patients.  Lots of sick folks coming in.
Hope you do well today and enjoy it.  Take care of yourself Julie. That pain is awful.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your son~  I always say the day my child was born was the childs born day and that day is actually my birthday..,, Hey, its the day I gacve birth so its my birthday  lol
Good luck today!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Dear Julie...I can empathise with you re; your neck pain.  That is so not funny to have!  It could be a bit of whiplash from your accident.. as you were wondering.. so please take care when lifting at work.  Both my shoulders give me pain since my illness and it doesn't make for quality sleep.  
There's a video imbeded into one of my entries about three days or so ago.   I found that one hilarious enough to want to share the laugh I had watching it.  Take care.  Jeanie  

Anonymous said...

I have a 31 year old baby.  He's older than me.  How did that happen?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son. Hope you soon get to feeling better. Helen

Anonymous said...

My two sons are 38 and 36yrs old, much older than me! I'm glad you got the computer figured out. I hope tonight at work isn't too heavy for you. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy 30th Birth Day to your son!  I have a 27 year old son <Joey>, my sweet 33 year old sonknown to all as Fuzzy, and my darlin' Michelle who is not happy about hitting 36! Glad you got your dsl and I hope you got down happily, today was my first day with personal trainer and I had to lay down 2 hours after I got home uggg!  they dont' make the BenGay for my aches..hahaha
Happy Monday from Doreen :))))))))

Anonymous said...

You probably have a combination of both going on!   My goodness, I don't know how you do it sometimes.   OH YEAH....  You mean you ARE a day over 35??!!   Surely not.  
I'm planning to go free myself....still don't know the hows/whats about it.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Julie, I use the Biofreeze too, love it, it's the only thing that relieves some of my pain with my fibromyalgia. Only draw back is it makes me cold, and I am never cold, always hot flashing. Happy Birthday to your son. I have a 16 year old son.
God Bless,
Liz in Va.
http://journals.aol.com/bethjunebug/Bethjunebug

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon....aches and pains are NO FUN, especially to a young 35 year old such as yourself :) Happy Birthday to your baby boy and I don't care how old he is....YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~