Sunday, January 21, 2007

Lots more questions.

   OK, we hooked up the cable to try it out and I can get on aol with it but can't edit my journal.  How does that work?  Do I have to do AOL broadband?  How much do they charge.  If I don't pay will I still have my journal.  Also I can't get to any of my favorites when I sign into AOL on the cable.  On the plus side I can see the videos people have sent me.

   I have typed in my questions to the search engines and it is amazing how few answers I am getting.  So  I ask you.

   It is snowing again and I am getting ready for work.  A little gun shy I must admit.  I never worry about my old van getting me there as it is a all wheel drive, but I do worry about the other people and as it turns out with good cause.  Hopefully the maniacs will all be at home safe and sound.

  The plus side.  I am officially down 5 out the the 10 pounds to meet my first goal.  Unforturnately we are having another potluck at work tonight.  I have my bag of carrots, my low fat yogurt, my less then reliable well power and am thinking about duck tape to put over my mouth.  Hi Hoe, Hi Hoe, its off to work I go......

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That duct tape has SO many different uses, doesn't it??? (lol)  Careful driving tonight!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

That is so odd, Julie.  It really shouldn't make a difference if you have AOL broadband or any type of DSL.  I got Sprint DSL a year ago.  We just changed the connections around and searched for the broadband connection to be recognized.  When I signed on, everything was same except it was super fast.  You could contact the live help tech support.  Sometimes they help and sometimes they are worse than doing nothing.

When I got my DSL, I called AOL and said I was using Sprint DSL.  They then just charged me 10.95 a month instead of the 24.95 or whatever it was.  I can still go back to dial up in emergencies but have limited time.  I'd check with them to see what's wrong if no one can help you.  Chris

Anonymous said...

We have cable and I get AOL free but first I had to pay for it as it was not free at that time. I go byoa. (bring your own internet access)It has been a while since we have done this. I think on the pull down menu it has where you can go dialup or cable. Ken called AOL and told them we were going the free route when it became available. I think you can go on in your main screen name and go to keyword billings and check it out. Wish I could be more help. Helen

Anonymous said...

I have free and can do it all.  I use AOL software that was here when I paid, I just changed the connection to be broadband... all was good.
good luck!
d

Anonymous said...

and its so hard to be good with all that low cal stuff when everyone around you is chowing down!!!  i know all about less than reliable will power.  that's me, too!!!
gina

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your editing your journal.
Stick to the carrots and dip.
Tomorrow is D day for me at the gym sooooo I know I will need the ben gay when I get home xox :))))))Doreen

Anonymous said...

After you log in to check your mail, you should be logged in for full access to your journal.  If not, comment on another one, and you will be prompted to enter your username and passoword.  After this, you should be able to do whatever with your journal.  I've edited mine at work several times.  Not only do they not have AOL, they have blocked 90% of AOL features from working.  I can still get in and edit and create entries.

If none of this works and you are able to get in to do a new entry (as you have done), there is a preference you can select where the edit buttons are hidden.  This might have been activated by accident.  Should be a simple fix if that has happened.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Hope you got it worked out by now, with the editing...have a great week.
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...


Sign on to AOL on your computer and go to AOL Keyword: Live Help
This is an interactive facility allowing you to chat with an AOL Member Services representative live online.
If you still can't do what you want Julie.   Jeanie