Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Medisterpolse recipe

Medisterpolse

Servings: 1

4 Pounds lean pork
1 Pound side pork
1 Large onion, grated
1 Cup stock
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon allspice
1/2 Teaspoon ground cloves

Grind meat three to five times. Add onion and seasonings, and mix well, adding stock a little at a time. Fill into small (lamb, pork, or small beef) casings, not too firmly.

   Looks pretty straightforward right.  I have been doing some research.  The broth stock I find on the internet is beef, not pork.  This recipe calls for a tsp of pepper and salt, ours didn't.  We usually double our recipe as we give it for gifts to our relatives.  I am going to try it again using the exact recipe.  By that I mean buying the lean pork and having it ground 3 times.  Getting the side pork, what IS side pork by the way?  And I will increase the pepper like this recipe suggests.  Not the salt as I can't have that much salt.  I am on a mission.  Must make great Danish sausage.

   More sunshine today and I have my tree down.  The livingroom looks so stark now.  Another year of festivities done and packed away.  As we packed everything away I wondered how many more years we would even go to the trouble.  It is an all day project to get up and a half day project to pack away.  4 large tubs full.  No children around to make it fun and exciting, the holidays seem like we are just going through the motions.  Sigh.  I have to get my youngest son married off and making me some grandchildren.  To someone who has family in town and never wants to move. 

   We are good grandparents.  I think about my little granddaughter having to go to daycare when she is sick or after her arm was broke.  If she was her she would be with us.  Its sad when they move away from family.  Sigh.

  Nothing exciting in the news front today.  I think there was a meth bust in my neighborhood though.  The other night police cars all over and then later a hazmac truck went by.  Out here it is off the beaten track and once someone dumped hundred of bottles of pseudoephedrine which is used for making meth in our back woods.  Our state made it a product you have to get from the pharmacist.  Really has cut way down on the making of meth in our state and I think it was a smart move.  Nasty stuff and why anyone would use it knowing the crap they put in it is beyond me.  We see a fair amount of meth user patients at my job.  What is does to your body after even a short time using it is really scary. Can we say multisystem failure!

   Did not make it to the gym today again.  Laziness seems to be my middle name.  I should go to try and work off the aches and pains from my fall.  Maybe a good shopping spree will have the same benefit as I hear the stores have some great sales going on right now.  Hummmmm.

  Well, how much more boring can this post get, lets not find out shall we.  I'm off, to get the most from my money.  Have to get my lab work done for the power program, try and take some pictures of the frozen river with snow.  Enjoy my day off.  Bye all.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me thinks side port is the the side that bacon is made from. My grandmother used to make sausage sorta like that and hang  them in a cool building to dry in the winter of course when hog killing time came around. After they dried then she fried them up for breakfast. They were delicious. Helen

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about feeling like we are just going through the motions with the holidays.  I felt like that this year big time!  I'm glad it's over...really.  
Those sausage sound so good!  I wish I could try some.  Maybe I'll have to make it someday.  
Have a good day today....Pam

Anonymous said...

I'm back!!!   A new year and a new start.  What is the power program?????  Where can I peek at it?  

I've got a new resolve going and I'm determined to keep it going.  Finally got back to my journal today.   Hope to chat with you soon or maybe see a comment on my journal.  

Take care....keep going!!!
Niki

Anonymous said...

If I can't buy it and fry it, I don't guess I'll try it!!  lol     Like tonight, lean steak burgers...and I didn't have to grind it even once.    Came that way, throw a dab of salt and pepper and we are good to go.
I'd die if Les took my babies away.     I guess I'd have to pack up and go, too.  Can't you have her come say some during the summer?  
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I hope you can perfect your recipe and get the sausages you crave! I've stopped doing the whole Christmas routine, too much time and work involved and now I'm on my own I don't see the point! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/