Thursday, January 18, 2007

This is Crazy

  We need congress to go on recess because when they are in recess they aren't making more stupid laws and to tell the truth we have plenty as it is, they should get rid of some. 

    Now I heard today Miami is trying to get a law passed making it illegal to have a party in your house where you spend more then $100 for food and have more then 15 people.  That would be Christmas and Thanksgiving!  Gee, do you think the restaurants are behind that new little law?  Who's pockets got padded or who got elected on that little promise.  Sure hope the people in Miami are up in arms about that.

   Of course it is dangerous having parties these days, someone may get sick or hurt on your property and sue you.  They may drink too much and have an accident on the way home and you'll get sued.  They may smoke giving you 2nd hand cancer, they may drink regular pop, become obese and sue you for that.  Maybe you used peanut oil and someone had a reaction.  Best to not entertain at all anymore.  Best not to leave the house.  Best to enclose your property in a high fence and not let anyone come near you. Wait.....someone may try to climb it and fall and then sue me.   Maybe it will soon be a law you can't have fences.....Wait, wait, wait,

  So I know there are some people who read my journal from Florida.  If I have this wrong let me know, or if you can add to this let me know.  If you think this is a good idea let me know.  I would really like to hear that one.....

                                   

                

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the most insane thing I have ever heard in my whole life!  I would think liquor stores and grocery stores would have ALOT to say about that!!!

Don't these high paid congress people have anything better to do with their time????

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Hahah I have to laugh because if they pass a law like that it will put Tupperware,Pampered Chef,Mary Kay, Pearl Parties,  jewelry companies and a few other "private party" groups out of business hahahahah!
Omg I can't picture not spending 100 just to have my grandkids here!
Rediculous, but maybe the gov. politicians need to pass something about the 1000 dollar a plate functions hummmm...cut it down to 25. bucks a plate and throw in a buffet and I'll come!
:))) Doreen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a stupid law to me. A lot of people have more family members that that. Is the law gonna come into your house everytime you have a party or do you have to get a permit before you have one? Helen

Anonymous said...

OMG..  So glad I don't live in Florida!!  I throw birthday parties for my kids---I wish I could spend less than $100!!  What a stupid law!!  So glad you left your link on my journal!!  I couldn't find it awhile ago..  I have you on my alerts!  Take care!
Julie :)

Anonymous said...

That has to be one of the dumbest laws to be put forward! Sounds like you live in a nanny state like we do in the UK! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/