Monday, April 24, 2006

AOL Blues

                 

   I didn't think it would save my first entry and then the font size is all messed up.  Weird.  Last night I couldn't get on aol.

   Just got back from the gym.  Had a terrific workout.  I have to force myself to go but love it when I get there and actually do it.  Its not like riding my bike which I would happily do all day.  I did the treadmill and lots of weights today.  I will be sore tomorrow.  I didn't walk the usual mile but am thinking of taking the dog for a walk and we usually do at least 5 miles when we go.  Tomorrow I will do one hour of water aerobics and see if my lungs get all messed up again.

   I did eat my breakfast, shredded wheat and bran and right now am eating 20 veggie chips with hummus,( much better today not that it has seasoned), and am going to eat a apple.  I have had around 600 cc of water so far and plan on lots more.  Happily the swelling is completely gone from my ankles and I only had chest pain for the last few minutes on the treadmill.  My heart rate maxed at 141 and I burned 89.9 calories a minute and did 15 minutes.  I usually start out with the treadmill for 15 minutes and then weights, then end with the treadmill for 15 minutes.  Today I only did the end one for 10 minutes as Rick was done and truthfully I was done.  I was feeling the burn!

   I just checked on my plants and they look sick.  I am not sure how cool it has been at night but maybe I will bring the hanging ones in tonight and cover the coleus.  I sure don't want them to die.  I also need to go to the dollar store.  During our bike ride a lady told me to hang slivers of Irish Spring soap on a string around our plants and it will keep the deer from eating them.  I will try it as it sure beats getting them all eaten.

   Well, off to take a shower and get some chicken out of the freezer for supper.  Hope all is well and happy in J-land.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was born and raised in Colfax and worked in Des Moines for 23 years.  Are you close?  I moved to NW Arkansas almost 11 years ago.  I still miss "home" !

Anonymous said...

 Sioux City is about 4 hours from Des Moines.  Its a lovely city.

                      Julie