Monday, October 24, 2005

The Workout

                                         

    We went to the gym early this morning and had a terrific workout.  I got up at 6:30 and did my meditations for the complete workout, breathing, relaxing, visual imagery, pain reduction, the works and I feel better, more focused again.  I spent yesterday with my hands wrapped up in a heating pad most of the day and they feel better.  I am also taking 800 mg of Motrin 3 times a day which is starting to reduce the inflamation I think. 

   We started out with the treadmill and I did a half hour with the rate at 3.7 and the incline at 4.5.  My average HR was 131.  Then we did the circuit for a good hour.  I worked more on repetition and not so much on increasing my weights.  Took it easy with the hand ones and I wore my wrist brace.  It went pretty good.  My husband also took it a little easier on the weights.  He was really sore last time and pulled a muscle.  I told him we weren't training to for body building, so to take it a little lighter and go for more reps and I think we will both feel better for it. 

  I had some oatmeal for breakfast with some diced apples and cinnamon in it.  Yummy.  Maybe a little heavy before working out, but I ate about 1 1/2 hours before we went to the gym.  Then I made a really yummy salad for lunch.  I plan on a turkey loaf tonight but that might change as my husband seem less then enthused.   The scale is just sitting there not budging again.  Sigh.  I seem to only be losing 1 or 2 pounds every 2 weeks.  I know that is better then gaining but it seems like I am doing so much to get it to move.  It has to be muscle. 

    One sad thing about losing.  I got my favorite sweater out of the closet and it is hanging on me.  I really liked this sweater also.  It is so warm and cozy when it is cold like this.  I will have to find another I like as well in a smaller size.  I keep putting off buying more clothes because when I tried them on I am so close to dropping another size.  I would rather walk around in my clown clothes for awhile longer.  From a 24 to a soon to be 18.  Not bad.

No comments: