Monday, October 24, 2005

Better Today

Righteous Recipe ~ Warm Up on Cold Nights Stew (Black Bean and Turkey) - Our Lady rates this a 4 Star Stew! 


Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 (15 oz) cans black beans
1 (15 oz) can corn
1 (15 oz) can Italian seasoned stewed tomatoes
4 or 5 whole cloves fresh garlic
1 medium sweet onion
3/4 lb. lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon chiptle hot sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup shredded lite cheddar cheese


Instructions:

In big pot, saute onions, garlic and ground turkey in olive oil.
When onions are soft and turkey is brown,
add the rest of the ingredients.

Simmer for an hour or so.
The longer the better.
Sprinkle with cheese and serve up this Heavenly Stew.  

Approx. 8 - 10 (1/2 cup) servings at approx.
250 calories each (non-scientific calorie count)

I got this recipe from the kick in the tush club and it looks wonderful.  I will have to try it soon.  I am going to the gym shortly to work out.  I took some motrin and am going to wear my wrist brace for support. For some reason I am back on track today.  Not sure what yesterday was about.  Felt bummed and defeated all day, cold weather blues and no sunshine I guess.

No comments: