Sunday, October 2, 2005

Reasons why I will stay on Plan

  I was reading a thread on the 100+  board about staying focused and it has me thinking, dangerous I know, but I though I would list all the reasons I want to get healthy.

1) Walking in my woods on a fall day with the crunch of leaves under my feet.  If  I were to get heavier I might not be able to do it.

2) Riding my bike.  I love it and might not be able to do it if I got heavier.  It will be easier when I get thinner.

3) Playing hide and seek with my grandchildren and running after them to play tag.  Running is out if I get heavier.

4) I can take care of all my needs.  As a nurse this is so important to me.  Severely obese people need help to do the most simple things.  Tie their shoes, wipe themselves after they use the restroom, pick things up off the floor.  I was starting to have problems with some of these.

5) So I can sit in a movie without being embarressed, eat out without people wondering why I was eating, look in a mirror without cringing.  Whoops, more then one thing.

6) So I hopefully don't become a diabetic like my parents, have heart disease, skin ulcers, and all the other things that being overweight make you prone for.

7) For my family, my husband and sons, my grandchildren.  I want them to be proud to be seen with me, not secretly ashamed.

8) To live life fully, not stuck in a room because I can't walk far enough to get out.

9) To work out at the gym and not be self-concious.  I realize this is my problem but I can't help it.

   I think I will keep adding to this as I think of more reasons.  It is important to remember why I started this journey.  It is the reason why I will be successful this time.

No comments: