Saturday, October 15, 2005

Extra Day to work out

  From striving comes wisdom;
from not, wisdom's end.
Knowing these two courses
--to development
decline--
conduct yourself
so that wisdom will grow.

-Dhammapada, 20, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

                      

 I was given the day off last night because our census is low.  That means I can go to the gym this morning and work out.  I downloaded some yoga moves last night and did them at home.  It was a good workout and I was able to save my hands and concentrate on my low back and abdominal exercises.  I will see if working out on the machines hurts my hands today.

  I had special K for breakfast and am going to just have a slim fast for lunch.  For supper my husband wants grilled chicken breast with mushrooms and melted swiss cheese on a burger.  I will have him melt a low fat pepperjack cheese on mine and of course no bun.  Then I will have some fresh green beans and a large salad.

  My scale continues to refuse to move.  It is so frustrating.  I try not to let it get to me.  I look at my progress and it is creeping along.  I am much stronger, my legs are unbelievably muscular right now, but I want a SV.  I analize everything I eat these days again.  Whats good about it, whats bad.  I realize I eat prepared foods on my working days and they can have all kinds of hidden bad things.  I carefully read the nutrition information on them and I think the Lean Crusines are pretty good as they don't have alot of sodium and rarely any saturated fats.  I try to have a good salad with them and fruit. Sigh.  I want to lose 9 pounds by the end of this month.  I should be able to eating the way I am and lose, but its stuck.  I may have to drop down to 1000 calories for a while and then back up to 1500.  It used to work for me to go from 1500 to 1800 everyonce in awhile to jump start.  Ican't wait until this isn't such an obsession.

   Well I went to the gym and worked out.  I did 28:38 minutes on the treadmill adveraging 3.5 for speed with the incline at 4.  My heart rate stayed around 137.  Then I did the circuit for 1 hour and finished up with 10 more minutes on the treadmill.  It is really busy on saturday and most of the posers are there in full force.  There was on man there with the nicest butt I have seen in a long time.  Yikes gramma get a hold on yourself.  The rest of the day I spent listing items in my ebay store so alot of sitting on my butt in front of this computer.  I work tonight so hopefully will burn more calories.  I am waiting now to see if my other half is going to cook supper or if I have to again.

No comments: