Friday, March 23, 2007

First Bike Ride of the Year

                                         

  It was wonderful, glorious, fantastic.   My knee hurt,  I am in terrible shape, but it was wonderful.   I am sunburnt, tired, exhausted, happy, it was wonderful.  I love my bike.                            

   Only did 8 miles.  It wasn't as hard as I was anticipating.  I thought I had gotten in much worse shape.  The first 2 miles my knee was killing me but it loosened up.  Only averaged 9.8 mph which was way down.  The sun was shining.  The trails were packed.  The goose island IPA tasted soooooo good afterward.  Biking and a good beer.  Makes me a jolly good fellow.

                    

   Unfortunately we got home and my MIL had called.  Doc wanted her at the hospital to get a cat scan.  She didn't go because she couldn't get hold of us.  Couldn't call a cab because she is down to only 80,000. 00 dollars!  Betty...... Call a cab.  You know we would be home eventually.   Sigh.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTG,,,a bike ride and some sun also.  Things are looking up.  ROLF at our MIL and her not calling a cab.  My mother absolutely refuses to pay anyone to cut her grass for the same reason.  Chris

Anonymous said...

I bet you love that song by Queen..  "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike..."  Julie  

Anonymous said...

glad the ride went wonderfully:) lol on MIL so when will she be moving in? LOL

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a nice ride. Spring is here when Julie is out riding again!
$80K and she won't call a cab? Wow!  I think that's just how that generation is....they survived the depression and save everything. My parents were like that in some ways.
Hope she's ok.
Pam

Anonymous said...

It seems like just last month you were riding riding riding!   how fast the winter passed!     Poor MIL....just broke, isn't she?    Keep us posted.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Asolutely 'Magical'!  Well done you!     Happiness is infectious.....I am smiling at you.    Jeanie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got out on your bike and enjoyed it! Can I ask how much cab fares are in your area?! Lol! Your MIL could have bought her own cab with that money! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Glad that you enjoyed the bike ride. Maybe you MIL just didn't think to call a cab the way here mind has been working. Helen

Anonymous said...

So happy the knee let you enjoy the ride.  Sounds like you had great weather for it.  We had a wonderful day here...terrible for pictures, but nice to be outside.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the bike ride, hon!  Now if only I would get off my big ole butt I could happily exclaim my knee is hurting for a good reason (like hiking in Sedona) instead of stiffness.  Your MIL really takes the cake, doesn't she?  Hope she didn't ruin the outing.  De ;)