Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Is it really Tuesday already!

    

  Time is just flying by and I, like usual, have left too many things until the last minute.  Procrastination is my middle name.  We are having a potluck and secret santa exhange at work.  2 days in a row.  I know what I am making to eat both days but didn't order my gift until last night.  We only have 2 male nurses on our floor and I got the young one that hunts.  I thought about getting him deer urine and a movie of Bambi, LOL, but figure he already has the deer urine camoflage since he bow hunts and has seen Bambi already.  Just so he leaves my deer alone.  Instead I ordered him a gift certificate from Cabela's.  Hope it makes it on time.

  I finally got my Christmas cards out yesterday and got a great one from Sunny.  Tomorrow we are making Medisterpølse, a danish sausage which we have every year for Christmas.  Love it but it is a mess to make and so we make a party of it.  Bloody Mary's here we come.  We couldn't decide if we were going to make them this year but at the last minute decided to.  It wouldn't be Christmas without them.  My MIL will sing Johnny Verbeck which she swears you have to sing while making the sausage or it won't turn out.  Don't know if that is true but we sing it every year to make sure.

Johnny Verbeck

Once there was a Dutchman
His name was Johnny Verbeck
He made the finest sausages and sauerkraut and speck.
He made the finest sausages that'll evermore be seen,
Till one day he invented a sausage makin machine.

Chorus:
Oh, Mr. Johnny Verbeck how could you be so mean,
I told you, you'd be sorry for inventin' that machine
now all the neighbors cats and dogs will nevermore be seen
For they'll be ground to sausages in Johnny Verbeck's machine.

One day a boy came walkin' a walkin' thru the door.
He bought a pound of sausages and laid them on the floor.
The boy began to whistle, He whistled up a tune.
And all the little sausages went dancin' round the room.

Chorus:

One day the machine got busted the darn thing wouldn't go,
So Johnny Verbeck he climbed inside to see what made it so.
His wife she had a nightmare, went walkin' in her sleep
She gave it a yank a deuce of crank and Johnny Verbeck was meat!

Chorus:

Alternate Verses

One day tha meat inspector came knockin at tha door,
He said "I'll start a lookin or give me money more."
Well johnny got real angry an pushed him in tha meat,
he fired up the old machine an now theres more ta eat.

One day there was a shortage there was no meat ta grind,
So johnny he called up tha pound ta see what he could find.
They said were outta busness we keep tha strays no more,
But we'll send all our future finds directly to your door."

Well, thats all.  Boring day today.  Going to take pictures of my items and start listing things of wagglepop plus clean house, what fun.  My shopping is done, I don't do cookies, since I eat them, so I am getting caught up.  Off to make a light low calorie breakfast.  Bye all.

              

 

  

   

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That song was cute. Hope you get those sausages made. Helen

Anonymous said...

Bloody Marys and a party....I wish I could come!
Pam

Anonymous said...

This year has really gone fast.  They seem to go faster and faster the older I get.  Not fair!  I remember when I was a kid in school, the year would drag on and on.  I swear the years were three times as long back in the 80's.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I agree with Greg, they've sped up time so we have shorter years and more Christmases! Lol! I hope your sausage turns out well and the gift certificate arrives in time! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

LOL...glad I'm not the only one.  Procrastination is my middle name.  I wish I was more organized and motivated but get worse as the years go by.  I took off today to do a little shopping and lots of cleaning.  I'm halfway through the cleaning...lol...I still have 4 of 5 more days.  Chris