Saturday, September 30, 2006

Well I made it 4 hours.

  And a miserable 4 hours it was at that.  Started throwing up around 8:30 and the pain just kept getting worse.  I went to OPD at 11 and got some pain medicine and something for nausea.  I am going to go on clear liquids for the next few days to see if I can get my GB to calm down enough to get me to my week off.  It it gets worse I am suppose to go back tonight and get a complete workup.   So here I sit waiting for my phenergan and lortab to kick in so I can feel better.  I am soooooooo gassy and my stomach is sooooo bloated.  Sigh.  I have been putting this surgery off for quite awhile but I don't think I will be able to much longer.  Thank goodness the recovery isn't long.

   Well, night all.  Wish me luck that I feel better tomorrow and can make it just 5 more short days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh noooooooo, you sounded like you had a terrible time of it.  I know you will be glad to have the surgery over with ...you will be a new person, once it is done.
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better, Julie!  Glad you got some meds now, hopefully they will have kicked in (by now), and you are feeling better!

Hope Sunday is pleasant and pain free for you!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

{{{Julie}}} Get your GB out and stop your pain hon.....you can't keep hurting like this. When I had mine out, it was the old fashioned way with a huge cut and 9 days in the hospital (I had infection) but when my Mom had hers out last year....it was two tiny slits and home that night. You'll be in my thoughts & prayers....feel better.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

I hope your medication is working and you are feeling a bit better.  Go get that GB out!  You'll feel much better!
Take it easy.
Pam