Sunday, September 17, 2006

Ear stapling and other thoughts

     Yup, ear stapling for weight loss.   It sounds like a quack thing and looks pretty barberic but there has been some real success with it.  I am thinking of having it done.  By someone who does it alot and uses sterile tech. of course.  Actually about 4 of us nurses are thinking about it.  If I do I will let you know what happens and if it works.

http://www.kfor.com/Global/story.asp?S=4106334

   Last night at work they had a pot luck for me for my birthday,  oh boy what great food.  We had barbeque ribs, some type of potato casserole, cheesecake,  cake, potato salad, not a diet food in sight.  It was really good but I sure am feeling chubby tubby today.  Anyway. Rick just got home with supper, also not diet food, pizza.  Obviously  I have fallen far off the wagon.  Not for long though.  See ya later.

   OK, it is now after supper and I am still researching the ear staple.  The more I read the more what I suspected come to light.  That is why I usually don't get suckered into things because I start out with an open mind and then read, read, read.  I didn't get to be the advanced age of 52 without having fallen for some of the lose weight quick schemes out there, but I do realize the only really effective way to lose weight is to eat right and portion control.  Maybe if I staple my mouth shut!

http://www.commonvoice.com/article.asp?colid=4486

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I want to have my ear stapled although I really need to lose some weight. helen

Anonymous said...

hi came across your journal today i was 51 on 13th sept and have a weight problem desp need help have suffered from depression for two years and tend to binge eat wen im down  nice to read your journal xx jan xxhttp://journals.aol.co.uk/janetwilliams004/JadesJournal/


Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just gotta splurge, and I'd say your birthday is a good 'nuf reason.  Course, you gotta get back on the wagon ;)  Happy birthday, BTW.  Ear stapling...hmmm, let me know how that goes!  Take care...
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

I heard of it several yrs back...but never researched it.
Sug

Anonymous said...

Ear stapling??  OMG I've never heard of that.  Just when you think you've heard it all....? LOL!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I never had my ear stapled, but back in the 70s when I was desperate to lose weight, I had acupuncture for weight loss -- a pin was placed in my ear and I was told to turn it whenever I had cravings for food. So I would turn the pin....and THEN run to the refrigerator to eat. Bottom line? It didn't do a thing for me and I didn't lose an ounce....

Luckily, later in life I learned that the only way to lose weight in a healthy and natural way is to combine eating right with vigorous exercise. Anything else is a fad, a gimmick, and a waste of money!

By the way, happy birthday!!

:) Carol

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Don't be to hard on yourself...I never heard of the ear stapling thing...sounds extrem!!!  Have a great day!...TerryAnn