Saturday, September 23, 2006

Supper for the first day of Fall

                  

                

 Joyce was making pot roast and it sounded so good I decided to have it today also.  I wanted something alittle different so this is the recipe I decided on.  Hope its good.

 

                     Crockpot Savory Pot Roast

 

Don't be afraid of the amount of horseradish in this recipe. It mellows significantly during cooking, adding a fabulous flavor to the meat. Of course, if you like horseradish, serve the roast with more on the side! INGREDIENTS:

3 lb. boneless beef chuck roast

1 Tbsp. olive oil

8 small potatoes, cut in half

3 cups baby carrots

1 onion, chopped

3 cloves garlic, minced

5 oz. jar prepared horseradish

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 cup water

PREPARATION:Heat oil in a large skillet and brown the roast about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned. Place vegetables in the crockpot. Place beef on top of vegetables. Mix together horseradish, salt and pepper in a small bowl and spread over the beef.

Pour water over all. Cover slow cooker and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours until everything is tender. Serves 8

Brussels Sprouts in Pecan Sauce

8 Servings

1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
3 tablespoons margarine
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste

<FONTCOLOR=#004000 size="4">Cook the Brussels sprouts, covered in boiling salted water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Keep warm. Heat the butter in small saucepan and brown the pecans; do not let them burn. Pour the pecans over the Brussel Sprouts and eat. Serves 4 to 6. "Greene on Greens" Source: Public domain recipes converted from Meal Master format

     We are also having apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream on top.  To drink I have a nice bottle of Zinfindel wine.

              

                    

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dinner sounds yummy!  I have a feeling I'll be dragging out my slow cooker this week!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Well...shoot!  Now who's house do I come to for dinner?? Your's or Joyce's??  Stop with the pot roasts already! You guys are making me hungry!! lol

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

yummo both dinners sound good:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Yummy yummy...sounds delicious! Thanks.  : )  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Okay.......so it WAS you.......LOL.   I have been searching for where I got the pot roast recipe.....to say THANKS!    It was wonderful.  I made it yesterday.  It was crispy cool outside and my son came over to stain my fence.  The horseradish became savory and sweet when it cooked in the crockpot.  I sent the leftovers home with my son, since he loved it so much.