Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Good Morning everyone

                        

   Good Morning everyone.  It is 5:45 and Rick is taking a shower while I guzzle coffee.  

   Unfortunately Rick only had about 3 hours of sleep.  He gets insomnia and refuses to take a sleeping pill so he can sleep well.   I had 6 hours of sleep, could have used 8, but my ride will be alot easier then Ricks.  I would drive and he could sleep while we drive to Shenandoah but he probably won't do that.  Poor guy.  I would hate to do a 40 mile bike ride on 3 hours sleep.  I asked him if he wanted to cancel the ride though and he said no so its still on.

    We are not sure how to dress.  If the motel will let us check in this early we can change clothes there.   Both of us will have to layer dress as right now it is only 51 but it should get to 78 by this afternoon.  A lot of motels won't let you check in though until 1 pm.  We are hoping since this one doesn't have that much business they will bend the rules for us.  If not we will have to be already dressed to ride.

    My camera is ready.  I am ready.  I have my last problem in mind and think I have the answer.  Since I don't have bike pants with padding in the right places to keep my bottom from getting sore I am going to be wearing some incontience pads of my late father in laws, stop laughing!   They are the same size as the pads in bike shorts and will pad my bottom in the right places.  Didn't cost me a dime.  Necessity is the mother of invention.  

   I have 2 bottles of 5 hour energy drink.  Rick is definately going to need his.  

   Is anyone else having trouble with spell check?  It wont work for me for the last 3 days.  Oh well.  See you all tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it ingenous to use them!  Necessity is the mother of invention!  I'm a plus sized woman and when I get a bike and start riding I have learned from YOU to get a seat that fits, like a gel seat, and wear padding so I don't get sore, down there.  I'm listening.  TY
Nelishia

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of using pads....for padding!  Great idea!  Hope you have a good time and that Rick feels ok for the ride. Poor guy.  I just cannot function on 3hrs sleep.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I love your idea...and would use them myself, in a heart beat...many hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!!
Spell check hasn't worked for me for several days...someone needs to let Joe know. I complained so much last time about the alerts, I'm staying quite for awhile...LOL
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

What's spell check??  lol    I normally type my entries in my email box first so that spell check catches it as we go....  now about them pads you will be using...  could be handy....  lol
~Meg

Anonymous said...

40 mile bike ride!?!?!?!?!?! Wow...that is fantastic... I did about 3 miles today on the stationary bike after walking and that almost killed me but I am getting there.  Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the ride....Oh yeah and love the invention ;o)

Tia
http://journals.aol.com/cuteybaby1981/MyJourney