Saturday, September 30, 2006

I am such a ditz

   Well here I am wondering why my fonts are all so large and why it just started when it used to be perfectly fine.  My pictures didn't look that large and I couldn't remember changing anything.......but I had.   I had zoomed in on an article I was having trouble reading a couple of days back and never re-set it back.  Duh.  OK, I feel silly but with all the things happening to peoples journals I thought it was AOL.  Do I feel bad for having such uncharitable thoughts?   Nah, I'm to0 tired right now. 

   Work was just brutal last night.   Death in the hospital seems to come in 3.  We had our 3rd last night plus 4 admits.  Top it off with my bad back and then this morning I had a gall bladder attack which I am still having pain from 4 hours later and it wasn't the best night I have had.  

      I had just decided this week to make an appointment to get my gall bladder re-checked since I have been having so many attacks lately.  It might be time to just get it out this year since I have met my deductable.  If I have it on a Friday I should be fine to go back to work my next day to work a week later on Thursday.  If it will just hold out until then.  Lately I have been having one to two attacks a day and they are getting more severe.  This I don't need but sometimes you can't get what you need.  Gee, another surgery, how dandy.  I think that will make 11.  Why they didn't take it out when I had my big belly surgery when they thought I had cancer I will never know.

    Well, I took a pain pill and am now getting that can't keep my eyes open feeling so I will see you all later.  Have a wonderful Saturday.  I hope the pain lets up so I can get some sleep.

   

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it does come in 3's. Strange, but true.
Hope you feel better soon, get rested up.
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

Oh man Julie...gallbladder attacks are bad!  My best friend gets those.  UGH ...pain!  Hope you feel better soon.
Pretty pic you added to your entry.  
Pam

Anonymous said...

i hope you can get in and get that checked out:) feel better

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh, Julie... I feel for you!  I had one gall bladder attack about 8 years ago, and I thought I was going to die.  It was the worse pain I have ever experienced, up to and including child birth!  They did a sonogram and said that it was more painful that usual because I had a stone stuck in the duct of the gall bladder.  I have a very high tolerance for pain, but that kicked my proveribial butt!  I only had that one attack, and have never had another since.  Thank God.  It's weird because usually, once you have a gall bladder attack, you will continue to get them, until the darn thing is removed.

I hope it works out for you, and that you feel better soon!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

From one nurse to another.........Isn't it hard to take care of sick people when you know darn well YOU are the one who is really suffering?  LOL..........

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you arent feeling well sweetie!!  I hope your weekend gets better for you!!!

I will be praying for you!!

Much love and sending plenty of "get well soon" thoughts your way

Tia

Anonymous said...

Two attacks a day would be two to many for me. Cooler weather would be the best time to get that out but I know you hate to miss riding that bike and taking pictures of those beautiful leaves. Can't do that with those attacks though. Helen

Anonymous said...

Don't envy ya none on the gall bladder.   I had mine out on the days before laser and it took me six week to recover!   Not pleasant.   Now I hear y'all are up and at 'em in a day or two!   Yay for you!  Git 'r dun!  No use suffering.
~Meg
PS   Your journal has a cool new look.

Anonymous said...

I love the photo...your fonts are fine...and my prayers are that you are pain free with that gall bladder.  I have seen that type of pain in my Mom and son...both had it removed.  I do hope you get some rest...many hugs,
Joyce