Tuesday, September 19, 2006

2 more days of work

  

    Shortly we will be on our way to the vets.  Zoey looks good, the hair is growing back on her nose, and I hope it turned out to just be an allergy.  I guess we won't know for sure until we see how she does off the medication.  We also have to decide if we want them to biopsy her lumps.  Our son Dan says to go ahead but I still am hesitant.  They aren't bothering her and it will be difficult to keep her from messing with the sutures when there will be so many area's.  We shall see.

                                 

   Boy isn't this month going by fast!  Its cold too.  I am dreading having to turn the furnace on but since it is in the 40's at night its getting cold.  My out door plants will have to be moved in soon and one I need to repot.  It does so terrible in the winter.  I hope the sun lamp I got helps prevent it from dying.  When I put it out this spring it was so near death I didn't think it had a prayer of surviving.  Now it is thriving.

    This morning I spent in doors.   I had to take some lasix as my legs are pretty swollen.  When I ride my bike alot and sweat alot I don't have the swelling as bad.   In fact I usually will have ankles and firm looking calfs.  Not being able to ride since last week though are taking their toll.   My doc wants me to come in and get a BNP test to see if I am in heart failure.  I told her I would give it some thought, LOL.  Very little thought.  My goal for the rest of the year is no doctor visits.   Guess it is time to hit the gym and start working out there again.

    Well, I haven't really got anything new to say.  I have been counting points again.  The birthday week of overindulgence is over.  Time to get back on track.  2 more nights to work and then off for my long stretch.  Yippy.

                

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with dear Zoey! :)
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

Maybe Zoey's problem will only be allergeries. Hope the swelling in your legs soon goes away. Might pay to have that test run the Dr suggested, better safe than sorry. Helen

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself Julie..   I know you don't want to go to the doctor, but you need to be careful with that swelling in your ankles.  If you start feeling short of breath, you better get yourself to the nearest ER!

Keeping you in my prayers!  

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I hope you aren't in heart failure, Julie!  Take care of yourself. Don't hesitate, ok?  Don't wanna mess around with that, as you well know.
I can't believe it's been so cold there.  Still hot here.  60's in the evenings.  AC is on today. Sheesh!
Feel better.
Pam

Anonymous said...

my leg is swollen also :) keep an eye on it and go in if needed ok

Deb