Saturday, September 23, 2006

Good Morning everyone

                                     

   Good morning.  I am sitting here drinking some great Sumatran coffee and waking up.  I have been reading alerts and it takes me a few cups to get through them all.  I found a new journal through Dads that is really good,samsays I like the way he writes.  I like the memories of by gone years.  At the hospital I like the old stories from the patients.  How things were in the years before running water, TV, cars, ipods, and computers.  Harder but sometimes happier times.

     

   Well it isn't raining yet, but it is suppose to.  I am hoping for a good day to get a ride in.  Also want to do my ride in the country for fall pictures.  Weather permiting maybe Monday. 

 

   I have been just slugging so far and getting my plants moved inside.  The Jade tree is getting pretty big now.  I think it is about 5 years old.  I have another  that I put out this spring.   It had done so bad during the winter I was pretty much just putting it to get it out of the house.  Only a few leaves remained and I thought about just chucking it in the garbage.   I am glad I didn't as it has thrived outside and is now beautiful.   How will I keep it alive all winter?  I have it by the sunlight lamp and hopefully that will help but it has gotten so large it won't last long there.  I have to repot it also as the pot it is in is cracked.  Another thing.  I don't remember the name of it.  It reminds me of the jade tree only with smaller leaves.  Doesn't like much water.  Anyone know the name of it?

               

            

    

   Well I am finished with my coffee so its time to close up the computer, take my shower and get a move on.  The days are shorter now and I don't have time to finish all I want to do.   My son sent me some new pictures of my grandchildren and I want to get a frame for the big one.  They are so sweet and cute and I miss them them terribly.  I hate that they live so far away.

 

                        Habit-Forming

SEVERAL ELDERLY NUNS were on the second floor of the convent when a fire broke out. The nuns calmly took off their habits, tied them together to make a rope and climbed out the window to safety. When they were on the ground, a reporter asked them, “Weren’t you afraid the rope might break since the material is so old?”

“Heavens, no,” said one of the nuns. “Old habits are hard to break.”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanilla coffee.......alerts.......saturday morning...........it's all good.  Good morning!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great day.  LOL on the Nuns!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I have been reading Sam's journal for a while now and I like to read of the days gone by as I can relate to them a lot. The plant does like sort of like the jade but I have no idea what it is. Helen

Anonymous said...

LOL! Cute joke, Julie..

I haven't read Sam's journal, but I do read Dad's.  I just started recently, and can't believe it took me this long to find him.  He just tugs at my heartstrings, Dad does.  The fact that a 92 year old man comes online nearly every day and leaves such sweet and innocent entries, just gives me the warm and fuzzies.  I know.. I'm weird.

That plant looks familiar.. I think my mom had one like that years ago, but I have no clue what it is.  I do not have a green thumb! lol

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend:) it looks like a jade plant? they have different kinds of jade?

Deb

Anonymous said...

I have this jade twig.   won't die, won't grow.    what's the deal with that plant??  and HOW you get yours looking so pretty??
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,  I enjoy your journal.  About the plant, I got one just like it.  I ran outside and checked the tag, it is called Purslane.  Keep up the good work.  Judy