Thursday, September 21, 2006

R & R and strong coffee!

         

          Well, here it is the beginning of my week off again.  Time flys.  It was really brutal at work last night so I am resting my dogs and drinking some Kona coffee my sister Lori sent me from Hawaii.  She lives there and is always disgustingly happy every time I talk to her.  How could you not be living in paradise, LOL.  Her husband just bought her a scooter so she is buzzing all over the island having a ball.  I hope to visit her next year but that would involve the dreaded awful much feared and avoided flying so we shall see.   Scotty beam me up.  That is how I would love to travel.  Pretty scary when I would rather have my molecules scattered and then joined together again just to avoid flying.

   I worked in OPD here when we had a terrible plane crash in the 90's.  Flight 232.  I have not flown since.  I will never get the images of that day out of my mind.  Then 9-11.  I have decided there is so much in this country I would love to see yet and I love to travel by car.  Still cheaper then flying.

                            

   It doesn't look like I will be riding my bike until Monday.  Darn weather. Now that the farmers are trying to get their crops in and the fields put to bed it has been raining daily.  What a beautiful lightening storm we had last night though.  Can't help but be so impressed with natures fury.   We had planned on a trip this weekend to take fall pictures as the colors have really popped here but now it looks like it will be later in the week.  Sigh.

   I got 2 more lady figurines this week.  My collection is really growning.  These are so sweet.  One came from United Kinddom in a brown bubble bag with just a thin layer of bubble wrap around.  I am amazed it survived.  The other came from Tx doubled boxed with enough bubble wrap and peanuts for 3 of them.  I always packed more like the 2nd.  If I had sent something wrapped the first it would be in a hundred pieces.  I plan of taking pictures of all my ladies and putting them in a page.  Keep me in mind if any of you run across made in Japan dancing ladies.

   Well, Rick almost has supper ready and I suppose I could get off my lazy butt and set the table.   I plan on renting a movie and slugging it out tonight.

                            

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get Rick to knock you out like Mr. T on the A Team, and then they can fly you to HI and you'll never know you were up there.  I've been riding my bike still...  I'm really enjoying it, too.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

lol i agree get rick to knock you out like mr t and you will be good to go. Its cold here brrrrr so whats for dinner? we are having hamburgers and mac and cheese quick and easy

Deb

Anonymous said...

I want a bike too.  Hopefully soon.  Hawaii!  I'd love it!  The coffee even sounds delicious.
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/

Anonymous said...

I liked the comment below from Meg, I had forgotten about them having to knock Mr. T out every time they would fly. Brought back memories! :)
Have a good weekend.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

A week off, crappy weather...so now what??  I am soooo jealous!!  Whatever you do...do it with gusto!!
xoxo ~Myra