Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tuesday afternoon, I'm just beginning to see.......

   I used to just love that song.   We just got back from the gym.  Todays workout was, as Tony the Tiger would say, GREAT!!!!!!   I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and had it set for aerobic number 2.  Great up and down and varied speeds.  I sweated up a storm with that I tell you.  Next my leg weights which I did 3 sets on the 6 machines I can use so far.  I sure will be happy when I can add my arm exercises back in.  I did some stretches and hit the track upstairs and did 2 miles in 22 minutes.  I have no idea if that is good or not.  I passed some people and some passed me.  I have a fairly short stride so I feel that is pretty good.  It usually takes me about 1.15 minutes to do 1 lap.  I did a slow down walk and drank a V8 tropical juice.  I had already drank my 24 ounces of water.  Next I went back down stairs and did another 15 minutes on the treadmill since my husband wasn't finished yet.  I am wiped.

   As feared I am up a pound.  Not very surprising since I had been cheating this weekend.  It was bound to catch up.  Time to get serious again.  I will not go back into the 200's ever again.  I had my usual cereal for breakfast but cut down on the amount.  Lunch was ramen noodles with garlic pepper and parmesan cheese.  I also drank another 24 ounces of water.  For supper my husband is making chicken with red potato's in the crock pot.  I am out of lettuce and need to hit the store.  Next week I start South Beach phase 1.  I have been planning meals and gettin my grocery list ready.  The south beach site makes that very easy.  I just hope I can afford it as we checked out turkey bacon and it costs a ton as does canadian bacon.  This is why only the rich are thin.  Us poor folks can't afford to eat well.  I try to go organic as much as possible but they really stiff you on prices.  Costs them less to grow because they don't have to buy chemicals but they charge more.  I have noticed anything that is low fat, low sodium, low carbs, bam up goes the price. This is why is best to cook from scratch and have a garden.  I do realize that organic growers get more lost to bugs and lower yealds,  I am from Iowa and  hear the daily farm report but sheesh, give me a break.

    My mother in law gave me a couple of vintage watches.  They both work and are so art deco.  I am bringing them in to be cleaned Aren't they lovely!               

   I also got the rest of my Christmas present from Rick.  It was on back order.  I collect these neat figurines of women.  This one reminds my husband of a drag queen but I like her,  she's an incense holder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the watches and your Christmas present figurine!  Very cool!!!

Your work out sounded great, Julie!  You really do a terrific job with your exercise.

I agree with you 100% about how it costs so much to eat healthfully.  I try to go the organic route, too, but sometimes it just doesn't make financial sense!  I eat 1 cup of raspberries every day.  Usually the 1/2 packs are $2.50 or $2.99 each but during the winter the organic ones are always $3.99 or $4.50!  I always get the baby carrots, though.  Regular is $1.50/lb and organic is $1.69/lb.  That's definitely worth it.

I did a lot of egg whites on P1.  It bothered me at first to toss the yolks but I realized I was still only paying $.89 for a dozen egg whites.  Much cheaper than buying those frozen cartons of egg white product!

{{HUGS}}
Danielle