Monday, January 9, 2006

Officially Onederland!

                         

                                      

    Ok it's Official,, Ta Da 199 for 2 days.  I have made it under 200 for the first time in years.  I feel good and I am personally happy this happened before my surgery.  I think the stomach bug gave me the boost and it never came back. 

  I finished my last night at work until I come back after my surgery.  2 more days and I am nervous.  I have been meditating and staying calmer then if I didn't meditate.  I want to work out today and tomorrow and then that is it for awhile.  I have my house cleaned and all I need to do it change my sheets and run the vaccum once more.  We have groceries on hand  and meals planned.  The girls at work were teasing me and said goodbye to the girls.  I told them if the worse happens they could have anything in my locker, old alcohol pads and needleless needles and my penlight.  Tomorrow I go and get my markings put on.

   Tonight for supper I am going out and have pizza and a beer.  Not on plan but I won't be having beer for quite awhile and since it always takes me awhile to get any appetite back after surgery, not a bad thing, I want to have my night out.  Tomorrow I will eat light as I tend to get sick from anesthesia.  I will be so glad when this is over.

   Well I have get ready to sleep for awhile and then off to the gym.  Here is a scary link about the epidemic of obesity in the USA.Ban Trans Fats: The Campaign to Ban Partially Hydrogenated Oils  I got this from the Kick In The Tush Club, link on side.

   My husband and I are going out and having a going away party for the "girls" in awhile.  I had a good workout at the gym which is good because now I have to go do pre-op tomorrow and get my markings later so may not get to the gym at all tomorrow.  I got my new pedometer so I can start my 10,000 steps a day program.  I think I will be behind at first while I recover but hope to be doing 10,000 by next week.  Maybe I overestimate my powers of healing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YE-AH!!!!!!  Congratulations, Julie!!!!  I'm so happy for you!  This is so exciting!  I know you have been working very hard and it's truly paying off for you.  

I checked out that link and my eyes just got bigger and bigger as I was seeing how we have gotten bigger and bigger!  Even if you take into account how the goverment changed the BMI standard for what is overweight and what is obese (I forget what year they did this) we're still too huge!!  Definitely food for thought!

-Danielle

Anonymous said...

Congrats that is so awesum keep up the great work:)  Mark

Anonymous said...

 I know what you mean.  I think it coincides with the growth of the fast food industry also.  It used to be you only had McDonald's and A & A rootbeer.  Now there is a fast food restaurant on every corner.  More and more people are eating out as both parents work.  There has to be some changes made.  You can not believe how much I have seen diabete's increase in the 25 years I have been a nurse.