Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Weight gain


Well my piece here and a bite there this weekend with the endless potluck has resulted in a  2 pound gain.  I guess I should be count myself lucky it wasn't more.  I have been back to my usual eating since I got off yesterday and ate very light all day yesterday.  I made that really good chicken on a bed of corn and black beans yesterday for supper.  That was so great tasting, much better then anything we had during my tasting frenzy yesterday.

  Just listening to the news about the trapped miners and it doesn't sound good.  I am so sad for them all.  My prayers go to them that it isn't as bad as it sounds like it will be.

   I go to see my plastic surgeon today.  I have a list of questions.  I am so nervous.  I can't wait until it is done.  Then I have to go see my regular doctor for lab work.  I have to make sure to get approval to see my lab results.  I have to stay in overnight at the hospital so I talked to the nursed on the oncology unit to see if I could go to their floor instead of the surgery floor.  It is OK with them.  I have a problem with the head nurse on the surgical floor and don't feel like having her stop in with false concern while I am there so I will be happier on the oncology floor I used to work on and since it is a smaller unit I will be able to get a nice private.  The nice thing about going to the hospital you work in is you can make arrangements this way.

   I have my meals planned out.  For breakfast today just a slim fast.  Lunch will be a salad with salmon on top and low fat raspberry.  For supper I am thinking another chicken meal with lots of veggies on the side.  I also will increase my water.  I had to take a lasix yesterday because I was having so much swelling in my legs.  That had gotten so much better and if I hadn't messed up this weekend I would have not have had to take that.  A lesson was learned this weekend.


Well it is later in the day and I just got back for 2 1/2 hours at the gym. My son joined today so we all worked out and I think I impressed him with how much weight I was up to. It was fun to do it as a family. My doctors visit went great. I feel so much better, more relaxed and not as nervous and my husband had his questions and concerns answered also. He feels better. We decided on grilled steak for supper so I got some spinach for a salad and will sauté some mushrooms for on top of the steak. For lunch I ended up having a low fat turkey wrap and V8. I have gotten my gallon of water in and I have the bathroom trips to prove it. Yikes floating away. I weighed after my shower and the 2 pounds is gone. Could my clothes have weighed that much or was it from the water retention. My ankles are skinny again. I feel good, I love exercising surprisingly enough.

  I have been getting the most supportive encouraging emails and I really appreciate this.  It helps me stay on track also.  Thanks everyone.

1 comment:

bljon1965 said...

Julie-Sounds like you are getting back on track!  Bravo!  A few days off and getting back on track is not nearly as bad as just staying off, that's for sure.  Good luck with everything! -Lisa