Thursday, August 17, 2006

Whats the point

                                   

  I am in a slightly panic snit today.  Just listening to the news gets me so depressed and frankly scared to death.  The way things are going and the terrorists plots being foiled in the nick of time.  It is just a matter of time before one gets through.  Not enough is being done.  Sometimes I get really down and wonder whats the point trying to lose weight,  whats the point of my bike ride, whats the point of taking pictures.  I should be stockpiling food and water.  I should be learning how to shoot a gun,  I should be buying a gun.  People who would blow up their own children are so very scary.  They don't care about life.  I worry myself sick about my beautiful grandchildren.   And I usualy don't let this stuff get to me.  I normally have a cup half full.  Things will work out.

   I don't have TV.  My news comes from the radio and on-line.  I think I am much better informed then the woman I work with.  They don't watch the news, if it is unpleasent, they turn the channel.  Don't watch it they say!  Don't watch it?  Hide my head in the sand...... no that isn't the answer.   Finding a way to live with the fear and keep doing all the things you do even if it seems stupid, that is what I really need to do.    I think things won't work out because it seems most people are not taking this whole situation serious enough.

   Anyway that is my mood today.  This is how I woke up.  I am now off to do my meditation and see if I can get to a productive state as I have lots to do today before work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let this get you down so bad. Just take one day at a time and go forward. That is what we all have to do. I just pray that God will keep us all safe. Helen

Anonymous said...

Don't panic and remember God is in control:) enjoy your friday

Deb

Anonymous said...

It's days like this when it's best to just lean on our faith in God....   would drive ourselves crazy, otherwise.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way you do and I live it daily almost.  Panic state that is...I know where you are coming from and truly agree at times...news is always so bad on tv, radio and more...where are the good news people...have they all gone on vacation??  hugs and love,

Joyce

Anonymous said...

It's easy for me to freak out when I let myself think about it too much.  So much out of my own control.  To think that something could happen to me or my son because of someone's evil nature makes me sick.  I can't let it stop me from living though.  But, I know what you mean.
Pamela