Thursday, August 3, 2006

Darn, Thursday again.

    Back to work tonight.  How sad this week went so fast.  I am hoping it is better then the last week I worked.  I did have a message the other night asking me to work but since it was the day of my terrible bike ride I didn't go. 

   Speaking of my terrible bike ride.  I feel so stupid.  I was reading about the symptoms of heat illness.  Comes before heat exhaustion and heat stroke and is your bodies warning to stop doing what your doing and cool off.  Muscles cramps, did  I mention I had to get off my bike 3 times and walk off some cramps in my toes, calfs and feet!  Sudden loss of strength,  I just didn't feel like I could go any further a couple of times, dizziness, I had that,  extreme sweating, had that also.   I had all the symptoms screaming at me to stop riding and cool off.  The trouble is I had to keep riding to get to the car.  I could have found a shady tree and had my husband come get me and maybe I should have.  I knew I was pushing it.  Can't be the one who can't make it though so I went on.  Have I mentioned I won't ever ride when it is that hot again,   I won't!

     I have a huge crop of tomatoes this year.  Cherry tomatoes and grapes.  This is a wonderfully simple recipe that makes some tasty treats,

  

Balsamic Marinated Tomato
(Serves 4)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups chopped Roma tomatoes
1 clove garlic mashed
1 tablespoon fresh chopped Italian parsley
1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

   I have no idea what the calories are in this but it can't be really high.  I just keep adding more tomatoes to the sauce.  Yummy.

   I got a great postcard from Meg. In Quest Of What a lovely town she lives in.  Have to pack my bags.  Our downtown is lots of lawyer offices and closed stores that went to mall or under when the malls came to town.  Thanks Meg, loved the postcard.

        

   I have to weigh in tomorrow.  Not looking forward to it and will be sure and bring some quarters.  I have not been really watching my diet well lately, just trying to get the fluid under control.  I was going to start WW yesterday but didn't.  I start today.  Rick bought the stuff for spagetti yesterday and it was not lean and mean in the slightest.  I wanted to eat it and had no way to figure out the points.  Plus I had a glass of wine, OK 2 glasses of wine.  I started out well yesterday.  Slim fast for breakfast, salad for lunch,  I really didn't eat a huge pile of spagetti, but I had garlic bread and the wine.  Oh and I had a mini pak of 100 calorie popcorn

   Today I am having slim fast for breakfast again,  I need to get milk for cereal, and a salad for lunch plus some marinated tomatoes.  Supper is seasoned pork kabobs grilled, a small sweet potato and squash and zucchini with tomato and onion then sprinkled with parmesan cheese.  Hopefully that will keep me in my point range but I am going to try and figure it out.

                               

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well well well...  I'm glad you won't ride again when it's that hot, because your entry wouldn't be so funny if you'd actually had heat stroke or heat exhaustion.    Glad you like my little piece of America....   It is really pretty downtown...right on the Tenn. River.   Don't know why they didn't take some postcard pics of that!
~Meg