Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Almost Ready

   My panniers came today and it is amazing how much you can stuff in them.  Since my husband is having them on his bike I won't worry so much about the weight, grin, and am stuffing away. 

   They are water resistant which might be good since we hear there is a small chance of rain.  I sure hope not as they don't want you on the trails when it is raining as it leaves ruts in the gravel.  I am bringing 3 t-shirts and a nice shirt for when we eat out plus 2 pairs of shorts, one to sleep in and one to ride in, one pair of capri and one pair of pants.  Extra underpants and stuff also of course.  Since we are not sure if we will be gone 2 or 3 days I am bringing stuff for 3 days.

   My fanny pack carried 2 water bottles and I can have one on my bike holder and then one from the handlebars.  On my back rack I will have the ice holder and my tripod and my camera hangs from my handlebars.  I will get a picture of bikes loaded.  I have our medications, and medical information printed out in case we have a mishap.  Better extra prepared and not needing it then not prepared and do.  Unfortunately it is supposed to be 93 tomorrow.  Hot.  I would have prefered mid 80's but oh well.  I have riden in the heat before.  Makes me somewhat cranky but should burn off tons of calories.

   Breakfast for me tomorrow will just be slim fast.  I have power bars and trail mix for the ride but hate to ride stuffed.  Since I am feeling extra thick around my buddha tummy today I am going to watch it.  So thats it, am I forgetting anything?  Today I have to mail a package and get some money.  We plan to be up at 5 and on the road by 6 am.  I am taking a sleeping pill at 8:30 and calling it a early night.

.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like you couldn't be anymore prepared if you tried. I just wanted to pipe in and say HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!

:) Carol

Anonymous said...

have a safe trip and get lots of pics:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Be safe, but have fun!  Don't over do it now!  (Geesh.. I sound like my dad)! lol

Take lots of pics!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you guys have fun!!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

Do be careful....  y'all might want a little rain to cool ya off.
~Meg