Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Forgot to Diet!

   I am so bad at this organized diet thing.  I was so busy this weekend and not home much.  Did not watch my points at all and now I am back up on the scale.  I also haven't been able to ride as much as I like although I did get some hiking and walking in.  Starting back at square one today.  Sigh.

   I opened my booth at the antique mall today in town.  It is called Old Town Antiques and it gets alot of traffic.  People were already looking at my pottery before I left.  I hope they do more then just look.  I need to bring more things down tomorrow.  I really like the people that run the place so that helps also.  Of course I couldn't just walk out without buying something.  They had a teapot I have been looking for quite awhile.  It is so pretty and quite old.  Hall made it so the quality is good.

   I made this salsa the other day and it is getting a 2 thumbs up from my husband and son.  I think it could be hotter but my husband says not to touch it.  I may just sneak in a little more jalepeno pepper.

 

Cherry Tomato Salsa

2 pints cherry tomatoes

1 large shallot, minced

1 large garlic clove, minced

2 tablespoons minced fresh coriander

1 tablespoon white wine vinegar

2 serrano chiles, seeded and minced

2 teaspoons fresh lime juice

1/4 teaspoon salt

In a food processor, coarsely chop the tomatoes, turning the machine on and off. Do not puree.

In a medium bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes and their juices with the shallot, garlic, coriander, vinegar, chiles, lime juice and salt. Stir well.

Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for at least 2 hours to blend the flavours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trust me, I'm starting over right with you.
~Meg