Tuesday, August 22, 2006

By this time Thursday

      We will be on the trail on our biking vacation.  So many things to get ready.  I ordered some panniers from ebay, saddlebags, and am doing laundry and watching the weather.  Please let the weather behave itself.  Not too hot and not rainy as they really don't want you on the trails if it rains.  We are getting our supplies ready, first aide kit, extra tire tubes, sunscreen, heart meds for Rick, asthma meds for me,  power trail mix and drinks, camera batteries charged, clothes and rain gear.  Hat for me.  I am going to weigh in the morning that we leave and when we get back.  I hope to lose 5 pounds,but probably won't.  We don't know for sure how long we will be gone.  How long will it take us to ride 126 miles?  Since we haven't done that long a trip I have no idea. 

 

   My son took some time off to watch the dog.  However for the past 4 days he has suffered with a mysterious rash and hives all over his body that itches like crazy.  He went to the doctor yesterday and weirdly the doctor says it is going around!  Who would have thought.  I had better not come down with it on my trip.  The gave it the most powerful anti-hystimine known to man and if it isn't better by today he is suppose to go back.  The darn med cost him 38 dollars and so far hasn't worked.  Anyway he has missed work so don't know now if he will be able to watch the dog.  That will be the only problem.  If I have to board the dog I have to get to the vets and get her kennel cough.  Well, I just woke him up to see how he is doing and the rash is gone, thank goodness. 

    My weight is up a pound today.  I know exactly why, pizza and beer last night.  My monday night tradition is something I am going to have to knock off.  Love my date nights with my hubby though.

   Below is a barn I took a picture of the other day.  Don't old barns look neat done in septa!

     And this is just a butterfly picture I like that I took.

 

                                      

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!!!
Glad your son is better, & can keep the dog.
Pics are great. :)
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!!!  Hope your son gets better soon.  OH ...and don't give up date night with hubby...EVER!!  Gotta have those!
Pam