Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Time Flies

   The week is just flying by and my mini vacation will soon be over.  Sigh.  I have enjoyed it.  The weather went from very hot to fall cool in just a few days.  Sleeping is nice again, don't have to use my AC in the bedroom and my granddaughter went to school for the first time today.  My son took the day off and went with her as a parent could go the first day.  They rode the school bus together.  Her carefree childhood days are over. 

                             

   I have really been missing them and hate that they are so far away.  A few hundred miles I could have managed to get out to see them occasionally but a thousand miles might as well be the moon.  Not enough money or time to get there.  It really saddens me not to be able to see my son or grandbabies ever again.

   My sore legs are better and the bruises are fading.  Unfortunately the weight I put on during the ride remains.  I just can't believe I gained.  The gods must be crazy.  I rode and walked 90 miles.  I should have lost at least one lousy pound!  What is it going to take to get rid of this weight.  All I can say is those power bars must have alot of calories.  I had the ones that were only 80 though.    My body must love the weight I am at and seems to be doing everything it can to maintain it.

    I have the last couple days catching up on journals and finding some interesting new ones.  Cleaning house and pruning my flowers.   The petunias still look lovely but are on the downside.  That is what I love about petunia's though.  You get blooms the entire spring, summer and into fall if you get the dead blooms picked off.

              

 Isn't this the cutest building.  It is a old water house.  If I had tons of money I would buy it and turn it into a cute little house.  It has a good start already.

              

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good times pass to quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

The weight you gained might be muscle.  That's a lot of exercise and your body HAD to have needed to build more muscle after that.  Sometimes your body does like a certain weight.  Mine likes it when I weigh in at about 190. Nothing I do gets me below that number. I was doing 1.5hrs on a Nordic Track exercise machine, and walking 1hr a day on top of it.  My weight never went below that. If it did,  it came right back up.  It was so unbelievable!  But, I felt good, and just kept on doing what I was doing.  If you keep doing what you're doing it will work. You'll be healthy, and that's more important than any number.  
Sorry your family lives so far away. Mine does too.  Makes it tough to have them actively in your life.
I like the old water house.  It would make a NICE home!  Maybe if we win the lottery? <dreaming again>
Hope you are having a great day, Julie.
Pamela

Anonymous said...

You sound like my daughter.  She just went to one of those 6 week Boot Camp things, where they work your butt out HARD, and she didn't lose one ounce.  She is only about 20 lbs overweight, but to her that is way to much.  She was so frustrated because she didn't lose anything.  

I wish I had an answer for you.  You feel like you have to exercise yourself half to death, and not eat at the same time.  It's crazy!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

where is your son and grandkids at? love the photos:) it could be muscle that made you gain weight? have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

Maybe...you need to start keeping up with measurements.    I think your loss will be in the inches.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

My body must love being this weight too.  I've starved, exercised, and ate right both and still I bounce back up to the same weight no matter what.  I'm not going to give up though.
Nelishia

Anonymous said...

Going back to school....yes..sad times for you, a thousand miles..wow..My WW leader says not to worry about the excercise so much, just concentrate on losing weight, your muscles are probably weighing heavy, but you are fit.
luv
Rach.xxx

Anonymous said...

That is really cool that your son got to go to school with your grand daughter.  Sorry you don't get to see them as much as you'd like.  I can only imagine how that would feel as a mother.  And I'm sorry you haven't lost any weight but I bet your healthy from all that exercise!  You will lose it and I know you will stay positive about that.   : )  Hugs and GBU, Shelly