Friday, August 11, 2006

Bike Ride

     We went on a lovely ride today.  22 miles about.  My bike computer doesn't automatically turn on so I forgot to turn it on a couple times. 

    We rode to Dakota city on the new bike path.  Turns out it isn't quite finished.  We had a big rain last night and it was covered with mud and water in places.  Talk about off road riding.  I was pretty dirty by the time we got to Dakota City, Nebr. 

    For some reason I was starving.  Gee what a surprise! I had a Slim Fast for breakfast and a mini bagel with low fat cream cheese, but was still so hungry.  It was lunch time though so we stopped at Hungry's North.  Best steak in the midwest, but I had a grilled chicken sandwich and salad with the best tea.  Low in points and the sandwich was heavenly.  Just what I wanted.  After that we drove to the river.   I think it looks wilder up there and the clouds were huge and fluffy.  Very pretty. 

   When we started back we ran into a friend of ours and his mother.  He lives in a house that is 128 years old and all restored.  Their gardens and flower beds are renown all around.  So we stopped and toured his house and gardens and his mother gave me some great tomatoes from the garden.  I tied them to my bike handlebars in a bag and off we went. 

    Next we stopped at a flea Market in town.  I really wanted to use the washroom which was the real reason for the stop but we looked around and  I saw a couch set I would love to have.  

    The trail had dried quite abit on the way back and we got back to South Sioux City we went to the lake and then through town to get back to Sioux City.  The weather was hotter then predicted but I didn't have to use my inhaler once.  The new med must be working.  The shower when I got home though was heavenly.  So that was my day. 

   Meg, how do I figure out activity points for 2 hours and 45 minutes?  I still haven't figured that out.  Another great thing is when I got home being a scale junkey I jumped on the scale and am down a total of 7 pounds!   Of course that will change but I should run to work and weigh in quick.  In fact I think I will since we are going out to eat.   I will post pictures later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a points booster?   It's a sliding scale like the points calculator...   (you have mail, btw)   but if you don't, we need to find you one.   Can't wait to see the pics.    I'm so proud of you and your biking, and jealous, too.  Mine is still parked.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

The day sounds so wonderful!  Can't wait to see the pics!
Pam