Tuesday, August 1, 2006

The books are here and so is Rain!

                 

   Now don't get me wrong.  I know we need rain and I know it is selfish of me to wish it wouldn't rain until night so I could ride my bike but so what.  It finally gets cool and its raining.   We do need the rain desperately though and there will be more days to ride.  The ground is cracking,  the corn is dying and the trees are dropping their leaves.  Rain is so needed.  So I will not pout.  The farmers are in the streets celebrating.  We are expecting 3 to 5 inches!  I hope not all at once as my ditches will flood. 

   Today is the first of August,  Summer is winding down.  My son goes back to work today finally.  He is nervous.  His bad leg still is swollen, but he has been riding and getting it back into shape.  He works 10 hour shifts so I bet it will be tuff the first day back.  Worse is he never got a single disability check.  I told him not to space that off.  It doesn't matter that he had money saved.  He pays for disability and they owe it to him.  What would he do if he was sole support like me and they never sent the checks.  I can't believe he isn't calling everyday getting that taken care of.

    I got the weight watchers book and have been reading them.  I can have 24 points a day and I get extra points I guess for exercising, but I am not sure how to figure meals out yet.  For one thing I really like slim fast in the morning for breakfast.   How many points would that be?  I suppose they would rather you ate a proper breakfast but I like slim fast and it is really all I am hungry for for breakfast.  Yesterday I had a salad for lunch with 2 mushrooms and 6 cherry tomatoes in it.  I used South Beach balsamic dressing.  How do I figure that out?  Then for supper our son took us out to Carlo O'Kelly's for mexican food.  They had a light menu so I had some chicken enchilada's with light cheese, light sour cream, fat free everything and tasty to boot.   How to I figure that out?  It will take some learning.  I really need it though as I feel my middle spreading and I feel like I have put on weight in all the old places again.  So help and tips from you veteran WW people will be welcome. 

    Hope everyone has a great day and the weather cools down for you all.  For some reason my asthma is kicking up today.  It was good for a few days as the humidity was lower.  But I can live with that with the cool breeze I feel on my face.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the ww:) oh i wish we had the rain here we need it bad

Deb

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your books!
Send the rain here!!!!!!
Sug

Anonymous said...

Glad your books have come. Sorry, I don't know anything about WW or how to count the points. Glad you are getting the much needed rain. You are right, you can ride your bike another day. Hope your son makes it ok at work today. That is some long hours to have to work with a bad leg. Helen

Anonymous said...

Great news you got the books and we could use some of that rain here too!!!!  
Have a great day..
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

The points are figured by taking the calories, plus fat grams, minus fiber.  For example, 100 calories, 5 fat grams, 2 fiber grams = 2 points.  Where you have to be careful is the portion size.  If the portion size is 1/4 cup, but you eat 1/2 cup, you must double your points.  At first, I measured EVERYTHING!!  Its amazing what you think 1/4 cup is.  Its not very much, but you get used to envision what it looks like.  Stock up on fillers, things that fill you up, but contain few points.  Veggies are great fillers.  Applebee's has WW friendly food, points are already calculated, and even dessert that are point friendly.  Read labels very carefully, watch the sodium, and drink LOTS of water.  Good luck!!
xoxo ~Myra