Wednesday, August 23, 2006

All packed and Ready to go

                        

  I am waiting for my sleeping pill to work as I want to sleep early and deep.  We are packed and ready.   I feel sorry for my hubby as the panniers weigh 8.5 each which adds 17 pounds for him to haul not to mention all the water and drinks we will be carrying with us.  I will have to keep my eye on him. 

   Tomorrow we are going to try a energy drink we heard about on the radio.  5 Hour Energy.  It has gotten great reviews except for the taste.  Compare Prices and Read Reviews on Chaser 5-Hour Energy Drink at Epinions.com The only concern I have is if it gets my husbands heart fibulating.  It shouldn't though.  They say it really works like they say with no crash.  At our ages we need a little help, LOL.  Better living through pharmaceuticals!

  We were going to leave at 6 sharp, but our son wants us to wait until he gets here.  It should be around 6.  My MIL thinks we are nuts and is sure we are going to die, but she always was one to say,  you can't do that!  Drove my hubby crazy.  I just tell her, sure we can.  I hope.....

   See you all Saturday or Sunday.  Hopefully not tomorrow night, lol.  My husband says we might start out and turn around.  Not after all the work I went through packing my pannier!                       

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!  It sounds like so much fun!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for even attempting...and whatever you do, how ever far you make it, or by gosh, making it all the way...eek!!  It will be the experience of a lifetime, and not one you will ever forget.  I have complete confidence that you will make it...see ya' when you get back!!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear all about the trip:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you !
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Poor Hubby!   I know y'all will have a blast.   I hope you don't forget to be careful.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

LOL on your comment "Better living through Pharmaceuticals!!"  I could tell ya stories on that one!  Too funny!
Pamela