Sunday, August 20, 2006

                       

                         I copied this from Beauty in Art

I'm not sure if all of you remember the Trick or Treat through J-Land or Christmas Caroling through J-Land but the newest trip is going to be a "birthday bash" through J-Land to coincide with the J-Land memories entries that Krissy came up with.

Starting tomorrow, decorate your journals and post your entries for the 3 year birthday celebration.  Your J-Land memories can also be a part of this entry.  Be creative.  You can title it any way you would like.  LOL...I'm sure we will all be able to tell if it's a birthday entry.  Make your journey through J-Land through out the day and evening tomorrow. As you find a journal that is decorated for the celebration, wish J-Land a Happy Birthday and leave your link to your journal.  Visit as many journals as you possibly can. 

These trips have always been a huge success.  It's a wonderful way to meet new friends and continue the awesome community tradition of J-Land.

If you want, copy and paste this entry into your journal to spread the news as this is a last minute brainstorm.....HUGS TO ALL 

                 

    Next please drop by Sometimes I Think and send some prayers and best wishes for Krissy and John.  John is in the hospital again and the more prayers the better.  Also they want everyone to do the My Past Year in J-Land

                

   Last is my NSV.  I am getting ready for my 120 total miles bike trip on Thursday.  I dug my old fanny pack out of the closet to bring and tried it on.  This was set for before I started my weight loss.  Well I tell you I could probably step into it and pull it up it was so big.  What a graphic reminder of how far I have come.  Being the calm quiet person that I am,I came leaping out of the bedroom yelling for everyone to come see, LOL.   I almost don't want to tighten the straps so I can remember who big it was.  Maybe I will mark where the strap is and the date and then tighten it.  Next year at this time I will try it on again and hopefully be excited all over again.

   We are getting everything ready for our bike trip.  Thursday is the day.  My son took some days off work so he could watch the dog, we have extra bike tubes, a very nice man in Nebraska has given me his phone numbers in case we have any emergencies we can call him.  This is a complete stranger mind you.  Someone who takes care of the trail and gives informaton.  Nice people.

  We have read that it will be hilly in areas and there are some hazards to watch out for.  I have also read it is very pretty.  If this is a big success we may do it in the fall also when the leaves have turned.  My goal is to burn a million calories and not to replace them.  Tuesday we are planning a 25 mile ride and wednesday also to get ready.  Then thursday morning really early we are off.TrailLink.com - Find the best Trails  As usual I will do a bike ride entry with pictures in my other journal.  My son is kind of worried for us.  I think that is sweet. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm worried too....take your cell phone. ok?
Pam

Anonymous said...

I'm still a little hung over from that chat party last night!!!!
Happy Birthday J-land!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great time.    That's a LOT of riding...so both of you be careful...and I know you will be.   I'm too new at journaling to have any JLand memories....    Maybe next year....
~Meg