Friday, August 11, 2006

Finally some good weather.

                                    

       Good Morning J-land.  Finally some decent weather here again.  The last 2 days have been so hot and humid it was terrible.   I haven't got air conditioning anywhere but in my bedroom.  Just moving around the house you would be covered in sweat.  If only that was fat cells dropping off me I would weight 120.  Today however it is nice so you know what I am going to do today,  I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike!  Love that song.  

   Also a NSV, ( non scale victory).  I was getting something off the top shelf so was on my tiptoes.   My husband said,  man look at the muscles in your calf, looking good dear!   I looked down and I have killer calfs.  All muscle and trim with small ankles this morning.  No swelling yet.  That is what riding a bike does for you.  Now if I could figure a way to get my buddha belly to look like that, LOL.  I now have one part of my body to brag about.  One part at a time sweet Jesus.........  Isn't that a song?

   Well to celebrate my 6 pound loss I blew my diet last night, sheesh.  I am such a dork.   We had pizza and I had beer.  It really was too hot to cook,  OK, that is just an excuse.  I have to figure out how to add my activity points up.  I am pretty sure I used up all my extra flex points for the week,  maybe 2,  but hope I can undo the damage. 

    Tomorrow we are planning a 40 mile bike ride along the foothills of Loess Hills,  Loess Hills Scenic Byway - Overview  Very pretty country.  It is for the most part flat or just gentle hills but still a longways.  I am bring my trusty camera.  The weather is suppose to be in the 80's.  We are planning on asking a farmer is we can park our car in their drive while we ride as there isn't a good place to park.  I don't think there will be a problem.  I hope it doesn't rain as I am really looking forward to it.  I want to leave early.  If I get Rick out of here by 10 I will be doing good.

   Well that is my day so far.  I do have to mail a couple of packages and check with the antique store about if I can rent a booth.  They were suppose to get in touch with me but haven't yet so I will call them.  I am not sure what I am doing about supper but plan on something way low calorie to make up for yesterday.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  Check out the link.  This is a really pretty part of Iowa.  Remember that Movie, Field of Dreams?  Yes this is Heaven!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL  I think the song was "One DAY at a Time, Sweet Jesus"   but you probably knew that!    Having Pizza and beer doesn't make you a dork, it makes you human.   I think the biggest trick of all is finding a way we can eat for the rest of our lives, which would include pizza (and beer if you want it) once in a while!   Plus, a 40 mile bike ride will surely help undo the pizza calories.   You're doing great.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I still miss Iowa.  I was born and raised and lived in Iowa for 40 years.  I really miss it right now ... fair time.  I lived just east of Des Moines so we always did the fair.  It was as natural as breathing!!!!  Enjoy your ride tomorrow !

Anonymous said...

you are not a dork:) just keep counting with ww and you will do fine:) enjoy the bike ride

Deb

Anonymous said...

YAY on the muscular calfs!!  Isn't it nice when you do see some improvement?  Strong calfs come from running around a hospital, too!  
Enjoy your bike ride...maybe take some pics? That would be nice....HINT HINT!! LOL!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I <3 Queen

Anonymous said...

Everyone has one of those days we go off our diets and you really did not do too bad...
Our weather has been great too...sounds like you are going to have a blast on that bike ride...wow, 40 miles.  You have the energy I want so bad.  Have lots of fun...hugs and love,
Joyce