Monday, August 21, 2006

My Past Year In J-Land

               July 11 2006,  my first entry http://journals.aol.com/midwestvintage/JulieLosesitMyWeightLossJourney/entries/2005/07/11/day-one-of-the-diet-6805/301

   What a year it has been.   I started out a year ago keeping a journal to record my weight loss efforts.  I was going to get lap band surgery and had to be on a doctor supervised diet for 6 months.  I also had planned on being 100 pounds lighter by now.  Well it didn't happen.  I decided against the surgery and I haven't lost no 100 pounds!   I have not failed though in my quest to get healthy.  I am so much healthier and I am half way to my goal, more actually.  And in J-land I found people who supported me and didn't make me feel bad for not making it yet. 

   My journal has strayed from it's original intention.  Its not just about my weight loss efforts.  It's about my boring old life.  It's about the things I see and how it affects me.  Its about reading others people journal across the country and across the world and finding so many really nice wonderful people.  Its like traveling without leaving my home.  Traveling to meet friends.  Sharing idea's, hopes and fears.

   Now I have been journaling over a year.  I have more then one journal even.My Photo Journey, My Flower Garden, and Bike Ride Around Sioux CityI have rarely missed a day putting something in one of the journal at least.  And if I am not posting I am reading.  Not good for the exercise part of my weight loss program since I have spent hours sitting here on my butt reading journals, but so interesting.

   So Happy Birthday J-land.  I am glad I am here.  Also heres to Krissy and John.  My prayers and best wishes to you both.

                         

            

                         Its birthday time in J-land

                         everybody gather near.

                          as we all get together

                       to celebrate the 3rd year

 

                 From coast to coast and overseas

                     People writing every day

                Of pets, children, and other things,

                     what ever comes their way.

 

                    Peoples lifes touching lifes

                    making the world so small

                     with friends around the world

                         Joining us one and all.

 

                       So Happy birthday J-land

                 Its been great to watch you grow

                   We all appreciate being here

         with the people and friends we got to know.

 

              

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great entry Julie!  I love reading your journal!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

Julie!  I've missed your journal.  I am turning my alerts back on so that I won't miss out on anymore!  I am very proud of you for sticking to your weight loss plans and what you have accomplished so far.  I know you will make it to your goal.  Happy birthday J-Land.  love and hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop in & wish you a wonderful week. HAPPY BD J-LAND!!!
Hugs, Sugar
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, I'm here by way of Shelly, Roxymama, to say hello.  Healthy is better than losing tons of weight.  I know what you mean about straying away from your original journal intentions.  I did the same thing.  Here's to many more years in J-Land.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, great entry, lovely poem and graphics.
Don't worry about your weight loss, i have been trying since January and have now to this date in August have reached 3 stone, and i know it has taken a long time, and more to go. You have done so well, you are very fit, and healthy,and if you are half way to your goal , well that is just fantastic...
Rach.xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, Great way to reflect on the past year!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Great poem, Julie...  your life doesn't seem boring to me.   I'm envious of the biking you do.    Wish I was not so lazy, because I have a really nice bike.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie. Love your peom.  Great way to reflect on the year.
Pamela

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie!  Happy 3rd Year Journal Anniversary!  For some reason I didn't realize you were the same Julie as the Julie of My Photo Journey, LOLOLOL.  I need to put this journal on alerts too.  That is when I get back from hershey.  I am going to turn off a lot of my alerts for awhile.  Anyway, I am glad you have a healthy approach to losing weight.  You can't do it faster than your body wants you too.  Sounds like you have lost a good amount in one year, and I am so proud of you!  I am glad I have gotten to know you through your photos, and hope to get to know you ever more this year.  I have to go now, and see how John is doing at the hospital.  

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink