Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Day

    Ok, we had so much fun yesterday.  Ended up we didn't ride much as we did so much hiking.  You can't rike in the Loess Hills.  Too hilly.   You can hike.  And we did.  Ridge after ridge, after ridge.   It was so pretty.  No ticks either.   Lots of  skeeters, lots of flys.  I must have walked 15 miles and said more then once,  boy am I glad I quit smoking and lost some weight.   I am soooooooo happy I have quit smoking and lost weight so I enjoyed the hiking.  

   We went to Council Bluffs to check out the bike trail.   I am so excited about it.  We have talked to quite a few people about the ride and know it will be fun with lots of picture ops.  I plan on it taking 3 days or more so we can take our time and get lots of pictures.   It will be so much fun and it will be a entry in my bike ride journal. 

 Wabash Trace Northern Map: Council Bluffs to Malvern

               Wabash Trace Southern Map: Council Bluffs to Malvern

 Every day you exercise and do more then you thought you could, its a good day.  Challenge yourself everyday.  Do something everyday you couldn't do the week or month before.  I can do this, I am woman, I am a 51 year old woman who refuses to get old and fat and inactive.  If I can do it, you all can also.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No I can't (in my best whiney voice.)
~Meg

Anonymous said...

That is a long walk. Glad you enjoyed it. Helen

Anonymous said...

Wow, wish I had your energy...what a long walk...15 miles...wow, I can only do two, if that.  Hope you are not sore today...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

That is a LONG walk!! Holy COW!  Good for you Julie!  I'm proud of ya!
Pam