Sunday, August 13, 2006

So Excited

                             

   Ok, I am so excited.  To start out with our ride tomorrow is in the Loess hills,  so beautiful and I hope to get some great pictures.  The best though is the ride we have planned on my vacation next week.   I  took some days off next week and we have decided to ride this trail.Wabash Trace Nature Trail  It is an old railroad tract that has been converted to bike trail.  60 some miles.   I am so excited.  We start in Council Bluffs and ride to the Missouri border and then back.  I hear it is lovely.  We have to carry everything we will need for 3 days on our bikes so some planning is needed.  It is going to be so much fun.   So  I need everyones advice on what to bring and carry on my bike.  I need clothes,  toothbrush, etc... money,  medication, cell phone, camera, tripod, water. ..... Man I am so excited about this.  Happy happy, joy joy.

                     

   Another thing we were wondering.  Rick and I.  Our kids said the darnest things, didn't yours?  What were they.  I'll start......

                      

    Luke my oldest had the best sayings.  Here is the first.  Is it green out?  He could not go out to play until it was light out.  Once I got up at 5 am and Luke was no where to be seen.  He was out playing on his new hot wheels.  I told him he couldn't leave the house until he asked us and it had to be light out.  To Luke that mean't green.  It was a really green summer.   Is it green out?    The next thing he used to say was tow taxi.   He though tow trucks were called tow taxi's and everytime he saw one it said,  look a tow taxi.  

   Dan had one funny story though there were many funny moments.   The year they were poisoning all the kids candy on Holloween I took them to the Boys Club for the big day.  Both the boys ran into  the Haunted house while I talked to a police officer I knew  from work.   Dan always used big words for a 6 year old.  He burst out of the haunted house and yelled at the top of his lungs....."Mom, I just got hit in the face with a wet testicle"!  My cop friend bent over double laughing and  I turned 10 shades of reds.   Dan continued to run across this huge auditorium happily yelling about the the wet testicle that had attacked him.   Hysterical mothers were yanking their children right and left out of the haunted house line.   When Dan finally got close to me I hurriedly told him....Dan.....Testicles are your balls,  did you mean tenticles?....... Dan being a bright child immediately realized what he had said and turned quite red.  Yes he meekly answered.  My cop friend never ever forgot that and always remembered to say they were still on the lookout for the mad testicle slapper.

   Another Dan moment...... Dan was so attached to his pillow.  He used to be a thumb sucker and alway had his feather pillow and his thumb in his mouth.   One time I needed to wash that pillow.   I washed it and hung it on the line.   Later on I looked for Dan,  not in the house.....I looked outside and there he stood...under the clothes-line with his tiny fist holding onto his pillow and his thumb in his mouth.   I so wish I had a camera back then.....

   OK,  that is my children.....what did yours do?

No comments: