Sunday, September 11, 2005

Bike Ride

  Today we went to the Adams nature reserve and road the loop.  It is 10 miles and really nice.  You go through woods and around the lake and to the river.  Some small hills but not so many that you have to be in top physical shape to do it.  Half way there is a nice restroom,  and water fountain so you can wet you face down.  I really, really enjoyed it.  We are going to do it again soon and I will bring my camera.  My face was beet red when we got back, partly from sun but mostly from the exercise.  I am proud of myself because I chose to do the whole loop instead of cut in in half like I would have in the past.  It only took us about an hour and 1/2 but we did stop and look out at the lookouts.  We were only average 8 to 9 miles an hour but we were on a pleasure ride, not a speed setting ride.  It takes about 4 hours to walk it.

  Back home we made low fat wraps again.  I stepped on the scale and was one pound heavier then before we left.  I don't know why that would be.  The scale is a complete mystery to me.  If I were to weigh every hour I bet it would be different every hour.  I, of course, take the lowest weight as my true weight ;-)

No comments: