Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Wednesday Winter weight loss Weigh in

                       

         

     Today was my weigh in on the 100+ board.  Considering I had gained back 2 pounds since last wednesday,  today I was 5 pounds lighter then I was Sat.  That means I have lost the 2 pounds and another surprising 3 pounds.   I am shocked.  I was just about ready to quit this diet as I miss my multigrains and fruit so much but gee, now it really isn't that bad.  I am at 194 today!  2 more pounds to 50.  Danielle suggested a gold rose which I think is wonderful. It means "absolute achievement."   I have to look back to see exactly what it stand for again but it is perfect.  Thanks so much for the suggestion.

  I am sore today after the gym but not so sore I won't go again today.  I love it.

  Breakfast today, 2 quiche cups, 2 slices turkey bacon and 6 ounces V8.

Lunch, a repeat of yesterday since it was so good

Supper, absolutely wonderful white chili, I got the recipe off the SB board and it was so good.  Even my son raved and he never raves about food.  Yummy, that and a salad and then I get SF jello later.

White Chicken Chili

-2 tablespoons of olive oil
-1 to 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast, cut into chunks
-1/2 medium onion, chopped
-1 clove of garlic, chopped
-2 cups of chicken broth (16 oz)
-1 can diced green chiles (4 oz)
-2 cans of great northern beans (15.5 oz), drained and rinsed
-1 cup of white button mushrooms, quartered
-1 teaspoon of cilantro, chopped
-2 tablespoons of southwestern seasoning

Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned and no longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside. In the same pot add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until they are tender but not browned. Stir in the chicken broth, green chiles, beans, cilantro and seasoning. Return the chicken to the pot, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Top with shredded mont jack cheese and fat-free sour cream. This is a Phase 1 recipe. Makes 6 servings.

   I am not sure what the serving size is suppose to be but there were only 3 of us and there isn't any left.  My husband and son had 2nds so if you want more for another day double the batch.  Also next time I will use reduced sodium chicken broth or make my own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you are doing so well.  After reading your recipe, I just took some chicken breasts out of the freezer.  I'm going to try that recipe.  Thanks for sharing.  Keep up the good work girl.

Anonymous said...

The gold rose is absolute achievement!  =)  I thought it would be good for your 50, instead of goal, because of how you've been struggling here a little.

You're very welcome for the charm idea!  I found a website that listed herbs and flowers and what they mean.  I could probably find it again if you're interested.

WTG on being down 5 lbs. from Saturday!!!!!  Maybe it is SB!  Woo-hoo!  That's fantastic!  The first 9 days on P1 I was down 7 lbs.  Course I went on vacation and that went out the window but it had worked!  LOL

I checked both my SB cookbooks and the chili recipe isn't in there.  They do, however, have a turkey and white bean chili that uses 1 lb. of turkey breasts and the same amount of beans and it serves 4.  If your husband and son had average sized seconds, you might not have had enough!  Remember, unless we're talking about fruits, starches, cheeses, dairy, or nuts, there's really no portion limit.  You should be satisfied.  You're doing great, Julie!

One thing I wish I did before starting SB was get my cholesterol tested again.  I'd love to see what the difference would have been 1 year later after being on SB for a year.  My blood pressure is amazing, though!  On January 20 it was 128/67 w/85 BPM and on February 8  120/74 w/65 BPM!  Wow!  Did you get your BP checked before you started SB?

{{HUGS}}
Danielle

Anonymous said...

I didn't get around to making this until today.  My husband just finished eating, he loved it.  I thought it was GREAT too and easy to make.