Saturday, February 4, 2006

Finding out the problem

                  

    It is 14 º out.

 I started to journal my food again and see in black and white what I have done.  A little here, a little there, maybe a cup and a half instead of a cup and I am eating 2200 to 2600 calories a day.  Thus lays my problem.  I am back to counting and measuring again plus journaling my food.  I need to do that.  I am starting phase 1 monday and am anxious to see how that adds up nutritionally. 

   My incisions look better and I want to go to the gym but don't want to mess myself up.  I feel like my muscles are turning to jelly.  I really miss lifting the weights.  I had just started getting into the free weights more and really liked it.  I didn't expect it to be taking me this long to recover.  I need to get back to work.  My son gave me $300 to help make ends meet.  He is a good son.

  Breakfast is going to be Honey Nut shredded wheat, 1 cup with no fat milk.  I am not sure about lunch.  I think a salad sounds good.  I have salmon or chicken in the freezer so supper will be one of those.  I want to try to eat 1200 today, 1500 tomorrow and then south beach on Monday.  Your not supposed to count calories with south beach but I think I had better for awhile.

Most people want to be winners  
but thats not the case with me,
I want to be on the other side
a loser I want to be.

I want to weight to go away
I dont want it to stay,
I want to hold my head of high
"I did it," I want to cry!

A loser I want and will become
the inches and the pounds will go,
I will be curvy and thinner
because I can I know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making my wkly rounds across J-Land, wanted to stop in & say hi.
Loved that little poem!!!!
Just take it easy till you heal, no get too heavy into exercise till then.
You're doing good with your weight loss, hang in there!
May the Lord bless & keep you,
SUGAR
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYLIFE/

Anonymous said...

I found that I needed to measure and weigh and keep track of everything on SB, too.  Since I had done so well with LAWL, I went back to using those portions but SB foods.

I have heard on Fitday.com you can log your food and it will calculate your cals for you.  Although, when I tried to use it, I found that it didn't have many of the foods I eat listed there and if you have to "create a new food" then you have to enter all the nutritional information in anyway.  What's the point?  I just use http://www.calorieking.com and a steno notebook!  

I've gone back to calculating all my cals, fat, fiber, protein, sodium, and carbs.  It's really interesting!  I'm trying to stick to less than 150 g of carbs per day.  That seems to help me a lot.

Have you thought about making an online AOL journal for your food journal?  One of the reasons I made one was to keep myself accountable since everyone could see it.  =)  http://journals.aol.com/dacarson893/WeightLossFoodJournal/

{{HUGS}}
Danielle